“The salsa is the best I have ever eaten. The rest of the meal.....not so great.”
Review of Tarascos Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tarascos Mexican Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American
Reviewed 19 December 2011

This is a small restaurant located in a strip mall. The people are very friendly and try hard to please. Unfortunately, the English comprehension is not great. I did not get what I ordered and the order had to be re-placed. It came as everyone else at the table finished their meals. The salsa is the best I have ever eaten, but the other items ordered were very average. We are from out of town and visited this restaurant because of the reviews we read on Tripadvisor. Maybe we hit it on an off-night, but we will not go there again. We were disappointed.

1  Thank Travel201102

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We moved to Cary from TX and Southern CA and had been disappointed with Mexican restaurants... until we found Tarascos. We first went for my birthday in September and were so happy to find the sopes, pupuscas, fried plantaines and salsa bar. We returned the next week with my husband who loved it as well. One of our favorite Cary area restaurants and the best for Mexican/south American food.

5  Thank Hieromama
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The owners of this restaurant are actually from El Salvador, just for the record. Wonderful tacos. Chicken, steak, fish and more are available. Chilaquiles is exellant. It's not got a lot of atmosphere but the food is authentic and quick. Good service regardless of whether or not you speak Spanish.

3  Thank beepbop21
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Very good agua de jamaica, not too sweet or watered down. Sopes were perfectly dense on the inside with a light crunch to the shell, not greasy. Cheese, lettuce, tomatoes all very fresh. Rice tasty, too! Our server did not know English, but was kind and attentive nonetheless. Can't wait to go back!

3  Thank guerra808
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 28 December 2007

Good Tacos with great selection. My favorite are the fish tacos with guacamole. They also have good rotisserie chicken. Nice and clean on the inside, with friendly staff.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook