“Great hotel and great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary

Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hotel and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed here for one night. It's near NC State and not far from the highways. Very convenient. The breakfast was good and the room clean and well stocked with toiletries, towels, microwave and coffeemaker.....everything was very good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnCary, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Hey Liza9999,

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel was well stocked with amenities and convenient to where you needed to go, being the NCSU campus.

I hope that next time you are in the area, you will choose to stay with us again. We'd love to have you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Simpsonville, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Tried to put me into the wrong type of room. Then put me into a smoking room that was not made up.
Also had my son in the wrong type room.
No pillows for the fold out bed.
Can't wait for breakfast !!

Room Tip: Stay at the Comfort Suites next door.....less expensive...indoor pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnCary, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Hi John B! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We certainly appreciate any feedback, giving us the opportunity to make improvements where seen fit.

It does seem the weekend you were here we were quite busy with a city wide event and weddings going on. It is great to have this business although at times it does result in a sold out situation. When this happens, some room types become very limited. We certainly appreciate you working with us on this. We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.
Wytheville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This stay was just as pleasant as the others at Hampton inns. Always what you need. Always clean. Feels like home

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Preston P! Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel!

We often take time to review things we did not like or when things went wrong, and forget to review things we enjoyed. So, we definitely appreciate your feedback! It's always nice to hear encouraging words.

The things you mentioned are all things that make Hampton hotels great. People love Hamptons because they know what to expect-a clean room, everything you need and the feeling of home.

We hope to see you again soon! Thanks so much for your loyalty!
atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Arrived in Cary on a Friday and received a very sweet welcome from the check in guy. However, once I arrived at my room I was disappointed. I was very close to the elevators and could hear elevator noise and chatting guests walking in the halls. The bathroom shower had visible mold and it did not smell fresh. I was in a hurry to go out and didn't feel like changing rooms-I really wish I had. The mold bothered me the whole weekend and the noise in the halls continued. For some reason, the door has a large gap on the bottom and let in a LOT of noise and a LOT of light at night.
Breakfast was another disappointment. My typical breakfast is either a banana, a hard boiled egg or a bowl of cheerios. The bananas were green and there were no hard boiled eggs & where are the cheerios???
Upon check out, the check out girl did not even ask me how my stay was, but had a call coming in and I didn't get a chance to talk to her about my issues.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hi Joy G,

We certainly thank you for your feedback, as we always like to know where we can make improvements.

I do hate that you did not enjoy your room and were not able to find what you like to eat at breakfast in the morning. I certainly do understand how the noise of the elevator and the bathroom did not add to the comfort of your stay. I wish you would have let us know that we could have corrected the problem and switched you to another room. Since you were in a rush, we would have been happy to help you move. As far as breakfast goes, we do have Cheerios cereal as an option, however it does seem that we may have been out at the time or it needed to be restocked. We do have a renovation of our lobby/kitchen area coming up in Q4 of this year. Please rest assured at this time with the expansion of our kitchen, we will have the capability of expanding our breakfast options.

We also do pride ourselves on the service scores of our front desk. The front desk normally ranks very high on friendliness and efficiency. It seems that your check-in went smoothly but at check-out, you did not get a chance to express your feelings about your stay. This is not representative of how the front desk is trained. I want you to know that we are taking appropriate measures to correct this situation in order that it does not happen to other guests as well.

Again, we certainly appreciate your review and you taking the time to give us your feedback. Please rest assured we are going to work hard to improve the things you mentioned such as breakfast options/availability, check-out efficiency, and bathroom maintenance. We do hope that you will choose to give us another try when you visit the area again. We'd love the chance to win you back!
Wellington, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

This Hampton inn was nice and the property is well maintained. The breakfast was always nicely laid out and available. The cost was great and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnCary, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear A_ Florida_Traveler,

Thanks so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

We're also happy to hear that you took note of some of the things that we think makes our property great as well! We're proud to have the great engineering staff that we do that work hard everyday to ensure our property is well maintained.

We're glad you also enjoyed the breakfast. I agree, Hampton's always have such a nice breakfast presentation. The breakfast hours of 6-10 am daily also make the breakfast available to all, those who like to rise early or the late sleepers.

Again, thanks so much for your review. We hope that if your travels ever bring you back to the area, that you will stay with us again!
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This is a great place to stay! It is the best place to stay while in the Cary/Raleigh area! The staff is wonderful! We are up late as well, and Grace, who is at the front desk is awesome! She is always freindly, helpful, and great to be around! The hotel is the best and I wouldnt stay anywhere else !!! Would definitely reccomend this hotel over all others!

Room Tip: All is great!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnCary, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Hi Lala C,

We certainly appreciate your great feedback. We always like to hear if we are doing a good job. We do feel very lucky to have great employees like Grace! She is definitely all the things you mentioned like friendly, helpful and great to be around. We are glad for your review and thankful that you would recommend us to others. We do certainly appreciate loyal guests like you! Hope to see you back soon!
Williamsville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

My husband and I spent one night at this hotel, arriving in Cary for an unexpected funeral.

Since we were unfamiliar with the area, we found the desk staff very helpful when we made our reservation (they verified our locations) and were very courteous when we arrived, giving us an early check in as requested. We were meeting other family members, and they gave us rooms on the same floor. They provided helpful directions to the Raleigh airport, as we were picking up relatives.
The hotel was clean, quiet, and the breakfast area was well stocked.The bedding was very comfortable. We appreciated the fact that coffee was provded in the lobby throughout the day, and that we had a place to congregate for visiting.
The location of the hotel was a little tricky to find since it is located within a medical park, but our GPS guided us in. Otherwise. I would pay very close attention to directions provided by the hotel.
Anyway, a big thank you to the staff at this location!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'd just like to take the time to thank you for giving us feedback. We love to hear about the things we are doing right and the things that we can improve on!

I am glad that in your time of need our staff was able to efficiently take care of your needs. We do stive to take care of each and every one of our guests. I'm happy that we were able to get you checked in early so that it was one less thing you had to worry about.

Thanks for also mentioning our clean and quiet hotel along with the comfortable bedding and well stocked breakfast. I know these are all things that make us a great choice when traveling to the area!

We hope that if you ever come back to the Cary area again, that you would stay with us. It would be a priveleage to have you back!