“Comfortable and Quiet”

Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed here while taking the bar exam. Was comfortable, quiet and the staff was helpful. The place was bit outdated though, and the ice machine on my floor was out which was kind of inconvenient. They did have a breakfast included, but it was just ok.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Justin A
HamptonInnCary, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Hi Justin A,

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel. We certainly appreciate your open and honest feedback.

We're glad that you pointed out some great things about our hotel like how comfortable and quiet your stay was along with how helpful our staff was. Most importantly, we're glad that you also pointed out some things that we can improve on. We always welcome this kind of feedback from our guests as we truely want to improve these things to enhace any future guest stays.

I am very happy to say that we are having some renovations completed on our property that will have to be done by the end of the year. The changes we have planned will update the hotel and enhance our breakfast by being able to offer a bigger variety of breakfast options and better selections. It will also allow us to have more hot items at the breakfast.

I certainly hope if you are ever in the area, that you will come back and see us. We'd love to have you back and to show off our upcoming changes!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Hotel is clean, well maintained and staff was nice. Room was satisfactory as was the lobby and community areas. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank alex h
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Hi Alex H! Thanks so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
I'm very glad to hear that you had a great stay even though it was a work related trip.

We definitely appreciate you mentioning how clean your room and the hotel was, as well as how nice the staff was. Those two things are key aspects that make hotel great. So, we are certainly happy that you noticed these two important aspects and took the time out of your busy day to let us know. We hope the next time you are in the area, that you will come stay with us again. We'd love to have you back!

Reviewed 6 June 2012

This hotel is awful. It is in major need of an update. I have stayed in several hotels in the Raleigh/Durham/Cary area and this is the worst so far. The bed was awful, the bathroom old looking and the staff was rude. My sister-in-law was going to pay for our room because it was a spur of the moment thing with our daughter being in the hospital, and she was told that was fine over the phone, yet when we arrived they refused to allow her to pay, even if we used our own credit card as the one to hold for incidentals. I have never had another hotel have a problem with someone else paying, they don't tend to care who is paying as long as they get paid and it is a legit credit card. I understand the need for ID and a credit card on arrival, but it shouldn't have been a problem, and the desk clerk could have been nicer and more accommodating about it. I am a very laid-back person so it takes a lot for me to get annoyed, but this was ridiculous. Poor service in a sad looking hotel is not the way to get repeat customers.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
1  Thank LindzNCarolina
HamptonInnCary, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Hi DzyCarolina,

I do want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. If we do not get feedback from our guests then there is no way for us to know what we can do to improve.

I hate that you did not have a great stay here with us. It sounds like there was alot of confusion on some processes & procedures of secure payment options &/or credit card authorization forms. I hate that you did get conflicting info over the phone and then when you checked in. Please rest assured that we are going to bring attention to this to all front desk agents so that they are fully aware of the procedures. This will ensure that two different people are NOT giving different information to guests.

I also see that you were not impressed with our hotel compared to others in the "Triangle" area. I know that Hampton Inns are well known for their comfortable bedding so I hate that you did not enjoy ours here. However, I do want to ensure you that we are in plans for a renovation of our lobby/common areas/ and rooms soon. We are excited about a our future new look and can't wait to showcase it very soon. I hope that despite this last stay you will give us another chance if you are ever in the area again. We'd love the chance to make it right and to also show off our newly renovated hotel!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Hampton Inns are my preferred hotels to stay when I travel because I've found that their beds are comfortable and consistent between different states. When I arrived the lady behind the desk was not very friendly and the in room internet service was as slow as dial up I couldn't even watch a movie. The pool is out door, furnishing inside cheap and OMG I had to run the hot water for over 15 minutes for the hot water to come through in the shower.

Don't expect a hot shower in less than 5 it's a rude awakening. The good part for me was I received help with my bags by a young man who was cleaning the hotel.

Room Tip: Just know it's an older Hampton Inn that hasn't been renovated in years.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ester999

Hi Ester999!

Thanks so much for your feedback, as we do appreciate all feedback that we receive. I say very often if it were not for you guys giving us feedback, we would not know what is going on and how we can make improvements. I see here that you did not have a very positive stay with us, with a quite a few things that did happen during your stay. I do hate to hear this, because this is NOT how we would want your stay to go. I want to ensure you that we are going to do our best to fix the things we can, so thank you again for your feedback. Attention will be brought to these issues. However, I do also want to let you know that we are in the plans of having a renovation on our lobby/common areas and rooms soon. We are very excited about the changes this will bring on and our future new look. I do hope that despite your last stay with us that you will give us another try if you are ever in the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly because I would like to make this right!

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Desk clerk let us know at check-in that we didn't deserve much of a room because we booked through Expedia. The fact that we booked--and paid in full--more that 3 months before made no difference. I'm not sure if this problem should be laid at the feet of Hampton Inn, or Expedia. Either way, we got a postage-stamp room, while 2 other families that did not book through Expedia got rooms far better than ours. Last time I book that way.

Room Tip: Don't book through Expedia.

Hi r0napark!

First of all, I want to thank you for your honest feedback. I do welcome this feedback, as hearing this is the only way we can make improvements. I do hate that the first impression you got of the hotel was that we did not want your business, because that is certainly not true. I do want to ensure you that I am going to relay this feedback to the front desk staff and insist upon some further training there. I want to make sure that we are treating all customers fairly and how we would want to be treated ourselves, because we appreciate all business no matter how it gets to us and definitely want to make sure we are portraying this message to our guests. Again, I do apologize for the difficulties you had at our property. I do hope that if you are ever in the area again that you will give us another try, I promise we will make it right!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

From the moment I checked in every front desk employee went out of their way to ask me what they could do to assist me with my stay and gave insightful suggestions of local attractions. The room was very clean and comfortable and the location is nicely set in a peaceful location away from the interstate but convenient to everything in Cary. Truly lives up to the Hampton Inn name! The only suggestion to management would be to turn down the constant radio playing in the front lobby or switch to more peaceful music - when it's full can get very noisy. Other than that - great property!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
HamptonInnCary, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Hi LMTraveler_12! I would like to personally thank you so much for your review. It's great to hear you highlight important things such as how clean and comfortable your room was, how friendly and helpful the staff was, and how convenient the hotel is to restaurants/highways/things to do but yet still set back in a peaceful location. I also want to thank you for giving us suggestions on how we can improve, this kind of feedback is always welcome and appreciated. I will definitely pass on the suggestion of having more soft and peaceful music in the lobby, as I know this would also be important to other guests. I hope the next time you are in the area that you will choose to stay with us again. We'd love to have you back!

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed here for one night. It's near NC State and not far from the highways. Very convenient. The breakfast was good and the room clean and well stocked with toiletries, towels, microwave and coffeemaker.....everything was very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
HamptonInnCary, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Hey Liza9999,

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel was well stocked with amenities and convenient to where you needed to go, being the NCSU campus.

I hope that next time you are in the area, you will choose to stay with us again. We'd love to have you back!