“staff was amazing”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cary
canada, Canada
“staff was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

It was an amazing experience. I've paid 3 times more for a room in other hotels with half the service quality. would recommend it to anyone. would expect this service from the Waldorf, but stayed many times at the Waldorf and this Hampton was better.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

The hotel was clean and staff was very kind. It did appear to need a little updating however it was not extremely outdated. There was a big swimming event going on the weekend we stayed and many kids were staying in the hotel. Staff was very helpful in making sure the hotel remained quiet. Overall it was a good place to stay.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

After a bit of research (on TripAdvisor of course!) we overnighted at this property on a Tuesday. Our criteria were simple: a nice property, near enough to the University for a next-morning meeting. We found the staff to be ok, not overly nice or cold. My impression was that they were not professional front desk staff. The room was ok, two queen beds on the fourth floor. Nothing in particular stood out good or bad. Didn't participate in the breakfast, so can't comment there. The hotel itself is located in what I thought was a bit of an odd location - more or less an office park. With two exceptions, no restaurants, gas stations, convenience stores easily walkable. I will say the best part of the stay was that Danny's BBQ was a very short walk - and that's the subject of my next review. For this property however, I value it as average. BTW, if you need to get to the University in the morning, as I did, it's no more than a 15 minute drive. And Starbucks is another 5 to 10 beyond that!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Joe F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
b h,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience and your comments about our hotel! We are thankful that you chose to stay with us for your recent stay! I am sorry to hear that you found the staff to be just ok and that your impression was they were not professional front desk staff. We really try to pride ourselves on our customer service and helpfulness of the staff. All of our Front Desk associates have been working at the hotel for 3 or more years. I'm sorry that you didn't get a chance to try our "Fresh Start" Hampton Inn breakfast. I hope that the next time you are in the area you can get a chance to try it out. We are located in a more corporate setting as the majority of our guests are in town on business at one of the several nearby office buildings. While we do have many nearby restaurants, gas stations and/or convenience stores nearby, many of them are difficult to walk to due to the busy street and intersection in front of the hotel. However, there are many selections to chose from within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. And the front desk is always happy to share their favorites with our guests. Again, thank you for chosing us for your recent stay and I hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in the are. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me at joe.francisco@hilton.com.
Cardiff, Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night having flown into RDU airport and heading for the Outer Banks coastal area.
Hotel is approx 15 mins from airport and situated close to highway 40 so very handy.
Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were of good quality and complimentary breakfast included. Plenty of car parking space available.
One eating place next door otherwise you need to drive 5 to 10 mins to find alternatives.
Can recommend this hotel to all travellers.

Room Tip: all rooms appeared to be of good standard no noise issues
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
gmk30,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is always nice to hear that the staff was friendly! And I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast! We have been working hard at making it better and love to hear when people enjoy it! There are many different restaurants within a 5 mile radius of our hotel. Unfortunately there are only 2 that are within walking distance. But what makes the others not as easily walkable is the busy intersection near us and having to cross the busy streets. I hope that you do choose us the next time you are in the area again. Again, thank you for taking time out to share your experience! If you have any questions or I can be of any additional service feel free to email me at joe.francisco@hilton.com.
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn just this week and it was exceptional in its customer service. Their manager, Mark, is the most accommodating, hospitable hotel manager that I have had the pleasure of meeting. Not only did he strive to meet our guest needs, he exceeded them as well as their concierge, Carline. The warmest welcome, us west coasters had ever experienced. We were so impressed we booked another stay for July. Clean, comfy accommodations. Centrally located. Excellent staff. Good breakfast and manager's reception. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Any room is probably exceptional!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

My family stayed at this hotel during graduation weekend. We had an amazing time. The hotel staff was just wonderful and defined southern hospitality! They were very accomodating even during such a busy time for them. The location of this hotel is convient to many things including there highways and down town! Wonderful wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful review! We actually pride ourselves on our southern hospitality! It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that you stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Please feel free to contact me at joe.francisco@hilton.com if I can be of any more assistance.

Joe Francisco
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

This Hampton inn is showings its age. Granted comfortable beds but that is about it. The decor of the rooms are dreadful. This property needs a revamp or a different brand to match the rooms.

The staff is super nice and very welcoming. The breakfast is ok. I stay away from Hampton's hot breakfast - as I like my stuff not to be synthetic.

The hotel is a business hotel. It is off any major thorough way and I don't know why you would stay here if you weren't here for business

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Reslimpan
Joe F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Reslimpan,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and their hospitality. I apologize that the rooms seemed dated and in need of a refresh. We are actually beginning a renovation later this year. We also just had our annual carpet cleaning which always brightens our carpets! I hope that you will choose to come back and stay with us again the next time you are in the area. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon.