“DO NOT STAY HERE - IT IS RUN BY CON ARTISTS!”

Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cary
Benson, United States
“DO NOT STAY HERE - IT IS RUN BY CON ARTISTS!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stay away from the Hampton Inn of Cary. When I checked in I was specific about paying for the room in cash. The next day $110 was gonme from my checking account. When I told the front desk person, I got a song and dance about the money being returned to my account. It's been over a week and still no money. Now they have my cash and the money from my checking account. Classic bait and switch!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brandalyn B, Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Barry Gray:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm so sorry about the unpleasant experience you had while checking in. You'll be happy to know that we read our guest's comments everyday; they help us to grow our hospitality and develop new ways to wow you when staying with us. Most of all, they help us to learn from our mistakes. As inconvenient and frustrating this situation must be for you, please remember that we are only human and we will err from time to time. This was our mistake, yes, but I spoke to you on the phone last week and I offered to call your bank to help straighten things out more quickly. I was unable to accomplish the release of funds with your bank; however, I did try. I only ask that you understand this was not done on purpose, there was no "bait and switch" and we are not con artists. We never took any cash from you, we comped your room, and your bank will release the hold within the next few days if they haven't already.

Again, I offer my sincerest apologies for the major inconvenience we caused. We try hard to provide excellent customer service to all our guests -- now we will try even harder to ensure this never happens again, to you or anyone else. We would love to have you as our guest again, Mr. Gray. Please come see us next time you're in Cary; I know we can make it up to you!

Brandalyn Bryant
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
West Columbia, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

All staff were friendly and pleasant. Room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of storage space under bathroom sink for toiletries for two people. Fitness center was clean and treadmill was new. Breakfast had wide-ranging choices. 24 hr/day coffee was a treat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patrick T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
First, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the Raleigh/Cary area. We loved having you here! Also, we want to thank you for the kind words you mentioned about our hotel which means alot to me and especially to our team. Please let us know if we can assist you should you visit our area again in the future.
Washington,NC, United States
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff was helpful. Was also a great value with the complimentary breakfast as well. Would recommend to anyone. We have stayed here before when my son competes at the local aquatic center and have always had enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to thank you for selecting to stay with us during your visits to the Raleigh/Cary area. The aquatic center where your son competes is a great venue and we have been working with them for a long time in promoting all the great things our area has to offer. We were very pleased to read the comments you posted about our hotel. Our team at the Hampton Inn Raleigh-Cary thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again during your future trips to our area.
Ocean Isle Beach
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A typical Hampton Inn - clean, quiet, helpful staff and a good value. The only negative was the next door room which was obviously in violation of the nonsmoking policy. The hallway outside smelled awful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations during your visit to our area. I would also like to thank you for the kind words you outlined in your review and to apologize for the smoking annoyance you encountered in the hallway. Our team does it's best to enforce adhereance of our smoking policies but unfortunately a few folks "slip through the cracks" from time to time. I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and is not a continious problem. Again, thank you for staying with us - we loved having you here! Please let us know if we can assist you in the future when you visit our area again.
Charlottesville, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Good value and quiet, clean,well run hotel, friendly staff,. Pleasant to stay here and convenient for travel- easy access to highways so you can get into Raleigh quickly or to nearby Durham, Chapel Hill .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to our area. Our team and I were very pleased to read your comments and for that we are grateful. We get "jazzed" when we've been successful at providing our guest a great hospitality experience. We loved having you here! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance prior to your next trip to our area.
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 21 February 2014

These folks really went above and beyond to help me in the middle of the NC snowstorm event. The GM even Cleaned the ice off my car in the morning!! The front desk folks actually gave me their lunch pizza so I wouldn't have to eat dinner from the vending machine during the ice storm. These are really nice folks and a very clean hotel. Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to our area. We loved having you here! It was nice to read your kind words contained within your comments and we certainly shared them with our team. Our efforts in striving for a great hospitality experience never end particularly during inclement weather events. In fact, that is when our efforts truely shine and that is when we are humbled by helping our guests in any way we can. Again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again during your future visits to our area.
NC
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Although the room appears to have been updated with paint and cheap furniture, the bathroom and hideous carpet overwhelm the touch-ups. Usually stay at the new Hilton Garden Inn or Doubletree, close by. Those two properties are a much better choice.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Brandalyn B, Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear ToddT,

Thank you for your feedback, as it is the best tool we have for making your future stays even better than the last. We work very hard to ensure that all our rooms are well maintained and clean; I'm sorry you did not share that experience. This hotel just went through a major renovation in the lobby and all common areas. New furniture was added to the guestrooms and the shower/tub walls will be replaced very soon this year as well. Also, I am happy to report that the two holes above the mirror in the bathroom have been repaired. Thank you again for being our guest and for bringing your concerns to our attention. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in town!