“Awesome stay”

Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Cary
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel has extremely clean rooms, plush beds and awesome linen quality. There is the convenient location, the weight and fitness room, pool in season and all with a friendly staff! There are recent renovations to common areas and don't miss the free breakfast! It is better than any restaurant menu with four fresh juices, four different coffees, hot sandwiches, eggs, biscuits and more! You name it and Yolanda has it there waiting at 6 AM everyday!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Patrick T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for the great feed back following your recent trip to our area. We get "jazzed" when we read such kind comments from our guests and we made sure that we shared your comments with the entire team, incuding Yolanda!!! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon during any return trips to our area.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary specifically for its location close to the Booth Amphitheater. It is also close to the highway and quick access to downtown Raleigh. The hotel was fairly large with five floors total. I arrived in the evening and checked in to a room on the second floor.

The room was a decent size. My room was down from the end of the hall and away from the noise from the ice machine. It had a king sized bed which was comfortable. The bed had two different types of pillows, soft and firm, but don't know if that was by design or not. The television was located on top of the dresser across the bed. In a first, the television would automatically change to a weather station and a loss of signal for 75% of the other channels. In order to get them back you had to turn the television off and back on again. The room also had a small work desk located adjacent to the bed, serving as a night stand as well.

The bathroom was big enough and offered all of the necessities. They also have amenities on hand in the event you forget something at home. The toothpaste came in a small packet like you would find individual packets of laundry detergent. The toothbrush is your typical cheap Chinese made brush, however it only had a single row of bristle. I know you shouldn't expect a regular brush, but they could provide one of better quality. I would also recommend closing the bathroom door when you go to bed, as the nightlight was bright enough to brighten the bedroom as well once the lights were turned off.

They also have a free breakfast in the morning. While they advertise it as a hot breakfast, that is somewhat of a stretch. There is a waffle machine and microwaveable food. Otherwise it is your typical continental breakfast. The coffee is available 24 hours a day. You can't really complain since it is free. The hotel is also located adjacent to the O'Charley's Restaurant where you can get lunch or dinner (brunch on Sundays).

As I chose the hotel due to its location close to the amphitheater where I was attending the Beer & Bacon Festival, I wanted to take a taxi at an affordable price. The trip there was in a female taxi-driver's personal car as she had just dropped off her daughter and hadn't started working. She had mentioned that her unknown company was the only one that the hotel used for the amphitheater and didn't seem too pleased to have to pick me up. When it came time to pay she mentioned that the price was $12. This seemed to be extremely high given the distance, but since I had never used a taxi in Cary didn't complain. However the return trip was less than $6, so either it is a shady company or one that charges more than any other taxi company in the area. When I asked the front desk for the company's name so that I could call, they mentioned that they used several companies depending on the location with no single location for my location. I never heard back from the front desk on what company they called for me.

Check-out was also easy. You have until noon before you have to vacate your room. If you are looking for a place to stay, the Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary is a good option.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

I want to thank you for staying with us during your trip to our area and for taking the time to complete a most informative post. As with all comments we receive, I share them with our team and I use them as a learning tool in our efforts to improve customer service, product and quality. I want to thank for the nice comments you entailed within your post and for the suggestions you included too. Please come back and see us whenever your travels send to the Cary area.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stay away from the Hampton Inn of Cary. When I checked in I was specific about paying for the room in cash. The next day $110 was gonme from my checking account. When I told the front desk person, I got a song and dance about the money being returned to my account. It's been over a week and still no money. Now they have my cash and the money from my checking account. Classic bait and switch!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Brandalyn B, Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Barry Gray:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm so sorry about the unpleasant experience you had while checking in. You'll be happy to know that we read our guest's comments everyday; they help us to grow our hospitality and develop new ways to wow you when staying with us. Most of all, they help us to learn from our mistakes. As inconvenient and frustrating this situation must be for you, please remember that we are only human and we will err from time to time. This was our mistake, yes, but I spoke to you on the phone last week and I offered to call your bank to help straighten things out more quickly. I was unable to accomplish the release of funds with your bank; however, I did try. I only ask that you understand this was not done on purpose, there was no "bait and switch" and we are not con artists. We never took any cash from you, we comped your room, and your bank will release the hold within the next few days if they haven't already.

Again, I offer my sincerest apologies for the major inconvenience we caused. We try hard to provide excellent customer service to all our guests -- now we will try even harder to ensure this never happens again, to you or anyone else. We would love to have you as our guest again, Mr. Gray. Please come see us next time you're in Cary; I know we can make it up to you!

Brandalyn Bryant
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2014

All staff were friendly and pleasant. Room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of storage space under bathroom sink for toiletries for two people. Fitness center was clean and treadmill was new. Breakfast had wide-ranging choices. 24 hr/day coffee was a treat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Patrick T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Raleigh/Cary, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

First, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the Raleigh/Cary area. We loved having you here! Also, we want to thank you for the kind words you mentioned about our hotel which means alot to me and especially to our team. Please let us know if we can assist you should you visit our area again in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff was helpful. Was also a great value with the complimentary breakfast as well. Would recommend to anyone. We have stayed here before when my son competes at the local aquatic center and have always had enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to thank you for selecting to stay with us during your visits to the Raleigh/Cary area. The aquatic center where your son competes is a great venue and we have been working with them for a long time in promoting all the great things our area has to offer. We were very pleased to read the comments you posted about our hotel. Our team at the Hampton Inn Raleigh-Cary thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again during your future trips to our area.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

A typical Hampton Inn - clean, quiet, helpful staff and a good value. The only negative was the next door room which was obviously in violation of the nonsmoking policy. The hallway outside smelled awful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations during your visit to our area. I would also like to thank you for the kind words you outlined in your review and to apologize for the smoking annoyance you encountered in the hallway. Our team does it's best to enforce adhereance of our smoking policies but unfortunately a few folks "slip through the cracks" from time to time. I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and is not a continious problem. Again, thank you for staying with us - we loved having you here! Please let us know if we can assist you in the future when you visit our area again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Good value and quiet, clean,well run hotel, friendly staff,. Pleasant to stay here and convenient for travel- easy access to highways so you can get into Raleigh quickly or to nearby Durham, Chapel Hill .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I want to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to our area. Our team and I were very pleased to read your comments and for that we are grateful. We get "jazzed" when we've been successful at providing our guest a great hospitality experience. We loved having you here! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance prior to your next trip to our area.