“WOW -- Loved It!”
Review of Laurelwood Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cashiers
Laurelwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cashiers
Miami, FL
“WOW -- Loved It!”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Staying at Laurelwood Mountain Inn is one of those rare occasions when you feel you have gotten MORE than your money's worth! We had a deluxe king-bed room for under $100 (plus taxes of course). I'm posting photos of the room because they show how awesome it is. The staff was welcoming and efficient. The Inn is right in town and adjacent to the town's walking trail. Cashiers is a convenient location for exploring the area, and it is MUCH more affordable than Highlands or Franklin, which still being an attractive location. We did not have to put down a deposit and rooms may be available at the last minute, so check!

Room Tip: Study the website to get a complete description of the room types. There are many variations of acc...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank radavis777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2011

We spent one night in May, 2011, at the inn while we were visiting all the nearby waterfalls. It was a great find on the internet and AAA prior to our vacation across the southeastern states. When we eventually DID end up in the area we were pleasantly surprised that there were rooms available and at the very reasonable price which was advertised. We relaxed in the cozy room and had a very restful, quiet evening. Eric, the onsite manager, was extremely helpful in our waterfall searches and in pointing us to "The Grill" for dinner. We will DEFINITELY stay there again if we are ever in the area in the future. Thanks for the wonderful, quiet, quaint, AFFORDABLE place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank waterfall2010
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 28 December 2010

everything was perfect! we loved the suite, the hot tub, the master bedroom, the view, the snow, the town, the surrounding mountains. we did lots of sightseeing. we found waterfalls close by, beautiful lakes, goregous mountainsides, rock walls, antique shops, specialty mountain stores, and a fun coffee shop. what else could we need? the employees were friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. we will definitely be going back to spend more time at Laurelwood Mountain Inn. it was everything we had hoped for - - - and more!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank kenoly2000
Peachtree City, Georgia USA
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Nice quiet little place in the middle of Cashiers, but you would never know you're so close to the middle of town. Wooded paths lead from the inn to the rest of town so you can explore. The grounds are very attractive with gazebos and ponds. The rooms are not fancy, but basic, although our room did have a refrigerator. The shower was very big and clean. We did not use the air conditioner (I'm think there was one), because the air was so fresh and nice and cool. Staff is extremely friendly. We had fun sitting in the rocking chairs on the front porch and meeting new friends. Great place to use as a base to hike to waterfalls in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PeachtreeJoe
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Very convenient to all of Cashiers commercial district and next door to great breakfast spot, Buck's. Our suite---two beds and two baths, was nice and clean. Decor is dated.
Cashiers crossroads and traffic light very close, so noisy during the day. Widening road up the way and the dump trucks come through that intersection, very loud. Bring your noise machine. No view.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mdthatcher
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I stayed two nights in late May for a family wedding nearby. The place is clean, quiet, and comfortable. The rooms/suites are flexible enough to accomodate singles, couples, and couples with children. The place is basic, not posh, but very good value for the money. There are no dining facilities on site, but plenty nearby. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank pavoga
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 March 2010

This was really part leisure, part business...I stayed at Laurelwood Mountain Inn so that I would be closer to work on Monday, but I also used my 2-night stay to explore/hike in the area.

This is the BEST lodging I believe I have ever experienced. Being off-season and with a special going on, I was able to get a standard room for $64 a night...can't beat that!!! The hotel room was ABSOLUTELY SPOTLESS. The interior (I stayed in Room 103, which I highly recommend, as it is in the corner with a window on two sides) was beautifully decorated with a mountainous, rustic theme to it. I had a queen bed on which I slept straight through both nights. Although I did not take advantage of the opportunity, the free wireless internet is an amazing service that they provide. I absolutely loved the bathroom with its fine wooden walls and forest animal border and shower curtain. The towels were nice too--there is a sign saying that if you like the towels, you can take them and get charged $15 a piece...I thought that was strange, but after using one, I was also tempted to do so!

The service was amazing here as well! I arrived around 6:30 Saturday evening when no one was in the office, and talked to Lise on the phone...she told me she expected I might come while she was at home making dinner for friends/family, so she had left the door to my room open with the key inside...great thinking! After hiking 12 miles earlier that day, I was definitely desiring a nice, warm shower. The water warmed up very fast, and the shower was incredibly relaxing...just the right way to start off my stay. Also, the second day, a member of housekeeping stopped by the room to see if there was anything she could do to make my stay more comfortable...fantastic service & very thoughtful! Finally, I had an excellent conversation with Eric and his wife (I apologize that I cannot remember her name) in the office Sunday afternoon after church. They were very helpful in answering the questions I had.

All in all, it was one of the most pleasant stays I have ever had, and the quality was outstanding for the price. I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is traveling to the area. It is also conveniently located adjacent to the 64/107 intersection in Cashiers and within walking distance of virtually everything in Cashiers. I would love to have explored Cashiers more, but a rainy Sunday prevented that. Perhaps I will visit western NC again sometime this summer and, if so, I know EXACTLY where I'm staying...LAURELWOOD MOUNTAIN INN!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank TNsoccer07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashiers
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages
Old Edwards Inn and Spa
Old Edwards Inn and Spa
#1 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Laurelwood Inn? Share your experiences!