“Waterfalls and Colors Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Laurelwood Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cashiers
Laurelwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cashiers
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Waterfalls and Colors Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Upon check in, the owner was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. We were given the opportunity to look at 2 different rooms which were available when we arrived. Enjoyed the grounds from the gazebo to the koi pond. The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms were modern and updated. Loved the décor of the rooms with the paneled rooms and the beams on the ceiling. We enjoyed visiting with the owners who just happened to be in the lobby area when we went over to check it out and play cards, etc. The location of the inn was perfect; it was close to quite a few of the waterfalls that we wanted to see. The owner came over to tell us goodbye and to thank us for staying at their inn when she saw that we were loading up the car to leave. This was really impressive and would definitely make me stay at the Laurelwood Inn again. Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ncbeachgirl2013
LiseD, Owner at Laurelwood Inn, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Enjoyed meeting you also! Hope you will return soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Nice place....great value. We had great screened in porch off room. Very clean and pretty place. Met owners. Nice folks. Would come back for sure. Great location in center of town................."....................

Room Tip: Room 301 is nice...
1 Thank MemphisSole
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We were excited when my husband qualified to play in the USGA Senior Amateur Golf Tournament at Wade Hampton Golf Club in Cashiers. We weren't sure where to stay though-- the places recommended by the USGA were either very expensive or too far away. We reserved Laurelwood Inn based on strong Tripadvisor reviews, and we were very pleased. The location is perfect, the grounds are pleasant, the rooms are very clean and the prices were reasonable. It has an old-fashioned mountain inn feeling, with paneled rooms (the standard rooms are small, but some others are quite a bit larger). But the bathrooms are updated and the rooms completely functional and comfortable. We had three rooms of family members staying there, and we particularly appreciated the Rec Room that was available to guests for gathering together-- a great bonus. There were several good restaurants within walking distance. The owners were so pleasant and even showed up at the tournament to watch! The area is beautiful and offers great hiking, waterfall viewing and funky little shops. I miss it already.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BeeceeBeach
LiseD, Owner at Laurelwood Inn, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We loved having all the golfers here and I really enjoyed my volunteer time at the tournament! We hope you will come stay with us again in the future!
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Upon our arrival we were greeted with a handshake from the Innkeeper, Eric, later we met his lovely wife Doris. Two very nice and accommodating people.

Our first impression of the motel was very warm and comfortable. We stayed in room 211, which measurements were approx. 18ft. x 22 ft. I love space and this room had plenty of it.

Everything was immaculate. The room, the grounds, etc..

We found that this motel was centrally located, in between Highlands and Sapphire Valley which we frequented. We found ourselves running back to the motel to rest or change clothes easily during our adventures as we hiked etc...

Upon check-out we were greeted by the owners. They couldn't have been any nicer.

** Don't let any negative reviews scare you away.. You can't beat the location, the price and the warmth of this place...

Thank you Laurelwood Inn for such a wonderful 4 days, it's been 6 years since we've been able to take a break from life and we are glad we found you.

Orlando, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I rarely complain about a hotel or restaurant (my other reviews on TripAdvisor are all high ratings), but I was thoroughly disappointed in my stay here. The management/owner was passive, disinterested, and did not seem to have any emphathy whatsoever.

For starters, when I asked if there was coffee available, the answer I got was "should be" and could not be troubled to check or direct me to it. When I got there, there was very little left and it was cold. No biggie, I thought.

The real trouble came when they forced us to move during the middle of our stay and claimed it was because "someone else booked the room." How about us, the paying customer? I was glad to be flexible and pack up and move (which is certainly not fun), but things got worse when we got to the new "room."

This appeared to be a storage shed, really, which they tried to convert to a hotel room. It is about 50 feet from a gas station parking lot which is loud, unsightly, and doesn't give you the safest feeling (lots of loitering around the back). The inside of the room is very dark (only one window) and the furnishings are very old and unkempt. I have attached pictures to show. What's more, the beds are tiny and mattresses / bedspreads are less than comfortable.

The television had to be 15 years old, and it was located in a cleaning closet. Also, there was NO CLOSET for you to hang/store your clothes. This whole room seemed less like a hotel room and more like a storage shed where they decided to place a bed.

I would highly recommend that you look elsewhere. Our stay here pretty much ruined the trip for us. There are plenty of nice hotels in this area, and plenty of nice, caring people to assist you during your stay.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
8 Thank traveler949
LaurelwoodInn, Owner at Laurelwood Inn, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Guest is above is not telling the full story. Guest checked in on Thursday to the room they reserved. When they told us they did not like that room we offered to move them to another room but explained that that room was only open for 2 nights and that if they wanted to stay the 3rd night they would have to move back to the room they booked. They agreed to do that. On the day they were to move the guest informed us that they did not want to move and we should move the guest checking in that day to their original room. We explained we could not do that and even offered to give them their original room for free that last night. Guest was rude and even threatened to write a bad review on trip advisor. We did all we could do to make this guest happy but even an offer of a free night did not do the trick. Here at Laurelwood, we go out of our way to please all our guests and I think you can see that by reading all the other positive reviews!
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Cashiers, NC is extraordinarily beautiful -- scenic views, winding mountain roads, gated communities and upscale pricing for everything. Enter Laurelwood Inn, which offers a comfortable mid-priced option in this tony area. Nothing fancy, but everything comfortable. Curtains softly billowing in the open windows (in August, mind you), ceiling fans, the sound of the inn's waterfall in the background all create a relaxing environment, free of the anxiety over the size of the check-out bill. It's located a stone's throw from the traffic light in the heart of town. Suggest you check it out when heading to Cashiers!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Anne P
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

The room was very nice. I stayed there on July 4, 2013 with a buddy of mine. We were on bikes. On our way to this town, it was raining heavily, and my bike kept cutting off on me due to heavy rain (yes, I did figure out what was wrong and I finally fixed it). We got a room for the day/night. We were FYI'd that these rooms fill up quick, especially during the holiday weekend. So, couple of hours after we checked in, I booked the room for a second night because of rain that was forecasted the next day. The next morning, it wasn't raining. Before checkout for the day, I went to the front office and asked them if they would consider giving me a refund for the second night that I already paid for, so we could leave. The owner didn't hesitate and gave me a refund for the second night. Now who would do that? The people who run the show here are very decent and classy. Enough said! Enjoy your stay here!

Room Tip: Um, don't know here. I think all of the rooms here are basically the same. You have to walk a...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashiers
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Old Edwards Inn and Spa
Old Edwards Inn and Spa
#1 of 7 in Highlands
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,127 reviews

Been to Laurelwood Inn? Share your experiences!