“Wonderful peaceful place!!!”
Review of Laurelwood Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cashiers
Laurelwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cashiers
Wyoming
“Wonderful peaceful place!!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2009

The Laurelwood Mountain Inn was such a beautiful peaceful getaway. We were there for a conference, but my husband and I have talked about bringing our whole family back there if we are ever in that area. It was surrounded by beautiful waterfalls and although its right in the heart of town, it seemed like we were way up in the blue ridge mountains. The staff is super friendly and incredibly helpful. We would totally recommend this place to any person who wants a romantic getaway as well.

• Liked — The staff and the scenery. The comfort as well as the location.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelsalotWyoming

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Louisiana
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Laurelwood Mountain Inn is the perfect place for a fun and relaxing family getaway. The rooms and cabins are comfortable and clean and provide a "home away from home" atmosphere. The grounds are beautiful with tall trees and babbling brooks and streams. In the words of the kids, there is a "SWEET" playset with swings and slides that will entertain children for hours. There are nature trails that lead all through the Laurelwood grounds and through Cashiers. Signs point the correct direction and identify special places in the town. Across the street from Laurelwood is a fabulous park with lots of playsets and open space for children to run, play and picnic. Within driving distance from Laurelwood are many beautiful waterfalls that will take your breath away. Laurelwood is by far the best place to stay when wanting a mountain vacation.

• Liked — The grounds and atmosphere
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank dinaspears
Rocky Mount, NC
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We had a delightful stay at Laurelwood Mountain Inn. Our room had all the amenities of a 5 star hotel, but the grounds and atmosphere make it better than a 5 star hotel. Our favorite thing to do was sit on the porch and listen to the stream right below. The owners of this inn are very hospitable and go the extra mile to ensure a great visit. For a great mountain get-away, there is no better place to stay than Laurelwood Mountain Inn in Cashiers, NC. Tommy and Kay Bindrim

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kbindrim
Waxhaw, NC
Reviewed 20 July 2009

It was like a home away from home. It was one of the most relaxing get-aways our family has ever experienced. The rooms are clean, the grounds quiet, and the people friendly. I got to get my fmaily back there as soon as we possibly can.

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank DavisCarman
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2009

After my second trip to the Laurelwood Mountain Inn, I feel comfortable writing a review to make sure that my first trip was not a fluke. Last year when I stayed in a standard room, I found my accomidations to quite nice. Clean bathroom, tightly made beds, and free wireless networking were major perks. The Laurelwood is a nice clean inn.

What you don't see in the brochures or on the website is how the staff go their extra mile to make sure your stay is successful. The Inn's management team were constantly making sure that everything was perfect with our stay. The management team are a wellspring of information about the surrounding area, and are always available to provide a little bit of information or directions to anyone who ask.

After a year away, we decided to book a deluxe room for a week. The deluxe rooms should not be overlooked, as they represent a small monetary upgrade, but a huge value upgrade as well. My particular room, room 301, featured a walkout private screen porch which was tucked away in the surrounding woods. A very woodsy experience, for certain.

Don't take my word for it. If you find yourself in the Cashiers area of North Carolina, book a night in the Laurelwood Mountain Inn, and you'll be sold. We drive 900 miles to stay at this inn, and hopefully your experience will be just as stellar as mine was.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BostaurusStudios
Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I'd been traveling for three weeks when I rolled into Cashiers late one night. I had no reservations and was unfamiliar with the town, but luckily I stopped for gas at the main crossroads and spied the Laurelwood Mountain Inn across the street, perched on the top of a hill. Since I travel a great deal, I am always looking for a nice clean room at a fair price, and the Laurelwood provided just that. Although I later learned that they have deluxe rooms and separate cabins, I stayed in a standard room, which was affordably priced at $80 night. My spacious room was decorated in a woodsy decor to match the mountain locale, with lovely old tongue-in-groove wood walls and ceilings - and it was sparkling clean. The bathroom had been recently updated and had a roomy shower. Although a built-in desk provided a place to work, I chose to prop myself up in bed with my laptop, using the motel's free wi-fi connection and finding a convenient receptacle located right next to the bed (most places have not thought to provide a plug next to the bed - this is big for me, since I often work late into the night). In the morning I was greeted by one of the owners who inquired about my room and stay. My route will take me through Cashiers again and I will definitely return to the Laurelwood. It is a rare find.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank baweibel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashiers
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Laurelwood Inn? Share your experiences!