All reviewsdeluxe roomsplace to staynon chainpicnic areasmall kitchenthe crossroadswithin walking distancefamily runwater featuresstaff ownerswatching tvqueen beda great coffee shopget awayswork hardfamily weddinggathering space
Reviewed 28 October 2017

My wife and I did not know what are getting for a first time staying in non-chain lodging. The stay exceeded our expectations, and we were extremely pleased and already planning for our next stay at Laurelwood Inn. Our classic room was, if not better, as good as any other chain name hotels. Clean, furniture well arranged, the window overlooks a well maintained backyard. All the basic needs for comfort were provided. The Fall outdoors decoration were simply very tastefully done. In the middle of Cashiers, and yet you get the feeling that you are alone in the mountains.

Room Tip: For couples, my wife and I highly recommend the Classic rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
LiseD, Owner at Laurelwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you and so glad you enjoyed our place! Can't wait to have you visit again soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

This is a cute little motel like complex. It is not the Ritz but a simple little place that has all that is needed if you aren't spending much time in your room. The owners were friendly, they had good coffee and free apples and water, and the showers were great. My only complaint was that the room wasn't quite as clean as it could have been. There was dust on the lamps and in the corners. Still, I would say this is a good budget choice in the area.

Stayed: October 2017
LaurelwoodInn, Owner at Laurelwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for your nice comments! You are right, we are not the Ritz but then again, I think our rates reflect that. If you do want to spend a lot of time in your room I would recommend booking the larger deluxe rooms, suites or cabin for your next stay. These are very spacious with plenty of sitting areas. In fact the suites and cabins have living rooms, kitchens and some even have gas fireplaces and whirlpool tubs. Thank you for mentioning the dust as we pride ourselves on having a clean place and for the past 3 have even scored a perfect 100 on our unannounced health inspections! I am having my housekeepers take a look at that today! Our guests love to leave the windows open to enjoy the cool mountain air in the summer so we do try to thoroughly dust the rooms everyday! Again, thanks for your review and we look forward to hosting you again at The Laurelwood Inn.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We were in Cashiers for the eclipse and happened upon the Laurelwood Inn which couldn't have been better! We were in one of the "classic" rooms which was well equipped including even a refrigerator in the room, very comfortable and the property is in a beautiful setting. It's basically downtown but you feel like you're off the beaten path with the trees and the way that it's off the road. There's a playground for children, a grill and picnic tables plus rockers on the porch near the lobby. We walked to restaurants and just across the road to view the eclipse from the Village Green. We were so happy with our stay at the Laurelwood Inn and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Lovely, quiet location in central Cashiers. Convenient to coffee shop and restaurants. Clean, comfortable rooms. Excellent service. Located among beautiful oat trees and a nearby garden. We viewed the solar eclipse from the garden with a few dozen people...perfect. Will return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
LiseD, Owner at Laurelwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

What an amazing time you came! I'll remember the eclipse for a long time!! Thank you for your kind comments and we do hope you will return but don't wait for the next eclipse!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here many times, and we have always loved it. The mountain setting is a perfect getaway, yet close to downtown Cashiers. Staff is very friendly and rooms are very comfortable. You cannot go wrong here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple