“Surprisingly beautiful !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pebble Creek Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cashiers
Pebble Creek Village
Ft Myers, Fl
“Surprisingly beautiful !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

If you google earth the location you see that the village is behind a shopping center and storage garages. BUT this works out to your advantage! We walked the super short distance to the Ingles supermarket, which has a Starbucks right inside of it. This supermarket was the largest and cleanest that I have seen along with the friendliest employees working there. Now back to Pebble Creek Village. What a beautiful setting, set back in the woods on the side of a mountain. The housing is more of chalets than cabins. I love rustic all log cabins but these were not those. Drywall and trim painted everywhere. The only exposed natural wood was the beautiful flooring.
As you walk up to the accommodations you first notice the full front wall of glass windows about 20 feet tall, just what you would expect of a mountain cabin. Inside there's a gas a nice gas fireplace and flat screen TV in the main living room. A nice size kitchen with everything you need excluding food and drink. A good size master suite, second bedroom with a bath connected to it and the living room. There is another room they call the sunroom with a pullout sofa that can also sleep 2. Then there is the open loft above the main living room with a double bed and fantastic views both out the front and back. So far that's sleeping space for 8 adults. Two couches in the living where another adult and a child could crash. That makes 10 if you have a big family or lots of friends.
Upon arrival at about 9:30 pm we found the office closed and thought that we would have to go stay somewhere else until morning. But to my wife's happiness I found an envelope taped to the office door with our name on it containing our chalet keys. First sign of a quality establishment. When our coffee maker decided to stop working I walked to Starbucks and got my favorite latte and coffee for my wife. Then to the office when they opened and mentioned about the maker. The very nice lady went into the back room and came out with a bend new one in the box. Now that's being prepared!
I did find a swarm of wasps making a hive behind the electric panel right by the kitchen side access door so I walked back to the store and picked up some wasp spray to remedy the situation. I plugged their access behind the panel with paper towels since the maintenance guy was off on weekends. I love challenges like that, and didn't get stung once.
On one of our walks around the chalets on the stone trails I did come across a very large pile of.... (Something a bear does in the woods) you have to be careful around dusk and dawn, that's when yogi comes around to feed, they told me.
Everything was perfect and we loved Pebble Creek Village for the 5 nights that we stayed there. There is lots to do in the area and plenty of quality food establishments to enjoy.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank tjstrain

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I rented one of the "motel rooms" for 3 nights. The nicest feature about the room was its size and private patio. There was plenty of room for us to move around in the room and the bathroom was huge (and very well lit). The patio was located on the back side, private with a wooded view. We had a table and chairs, microwave, small refrigerator, coffee pot, a second bed, and one upholstered chair.

The other nice feature was the location. The building of which our room was a part was nestled among trees and rhododendron. It was very quiet although down a lane from a grocery store, Japanese steak house, and other strip mall accommodations. The town of Cashiers was about a mile drive away.

We did have some issues with the room. Although the ceiling fan was nice, the room was quite stuffy, with only one operating window that was small and close to the floor. The air conditioner was quite noisy and did not have a fan-only option, so the room would get quite chilly. Screens on one of the two doors (back/front) might help with the stuffiness. There was also no operable window in the bathroom.

Internet service was non existent while we were there, which was a real disappointment as we planned on having it for that stop to plan some of our trip. There was no one in the office to help us when we were back in our room at evening.

This room was definitely better than average but did give us some annoyance.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank woolythyme
Damariscotta, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

Lots of family came together for 4 days from considerable distance for a wedding. With our 4 adults and 2 young boys bringing a great deal of stuff to host a big party, we needed the most convenient arrangement possible. This was it. The chalet sits in a wooded glen with 5 others, on a nicely private drive. It has 2 full bedrooms, a private sitting room w/ a convertanble sofa, and a large sleeping loft accessable by a real staircase, plus 2 full baths. So it sleeps 8 comfortably. It has a complete kitchen and a laundry. It was clean and well appointed. They also rented us the large, fully equipped, hall directly across the driveway. They were as helpful as could be over the phone while we figured out our arrangements from very far away. All was exactly as promised and there were no disappointments. The price was so fair that we want to find a reason to do it again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Cashiers, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

I rented the larger of the chalet's to accommodate my children and granchildren when they recently came to celebrate their Dad's (Grandpa's) birthday. This was the perfect place for our 'kids' to stay The chalet was spotless, well equipped and the perfect place for everyone to 'visit' with each other. I found the Management very helpful and willing to provide extra equipment for the younger children, i.e. 'pack 'n play' and airbeds. I would strongly recommend Pebble Creek Village and will use it again should the need arise.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Palm Beach Gardens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

My wife & I spent 3 nights here in one of the "motel rooms" in mid-October. The four motel rooms with Queen beds are in two duplex like buildings with volume ceilings and each unit has a rear porch bordering the forest. Very nice bathroom, small eating table, mini-fridge, micro, A/C & heat, flat screen TV. A relaxing location. The property was developed 10 years ago with all structures built at that time. The condition is excellent and exhibits little wear. The property also has 7 single family rental homes of 2 bed, 2 bath, full kitchen and W/D. We found the bedding to be excellent and the spread and decor pillows of a quality you would expect in a 5 star location.

The property is less than 1 mile from downtown Cashier's and is off of Highway 64 east, making it a good central location for visiting surrounding towns and sights. Very nearby is an Ingle's grocery and other conveniences.

Their rates seem to be stable year-around and we consider that to be a great value for the area. We observed white squirrel's, birds, and beautiful leaves right on the property.

I have contributed a number of reviews where we have stayed, however, the review of this property may be one of their first so I want to assure readers that I am not, in any way, associated with the ownership or management. This is truly an unbiased opinion and a recommendation that the reader should consider Pebble Creek Village when visiting the area. Their website is pebble-creek.com and I believe they are also on Facebook. I was fortunate enough to stumble on Pebble Creek Village when looking at the Chamber of Commerce listings.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Travlerfl1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashiers
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Cashiers Village Inn
Cashiers Village Inn
#1 of 4 in Cashiers
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages

Been to Pebble Creek Village? Share your experiences!