“A fine place to stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cashiers
High Hampton Inn & Country Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cashiers
Daytona Beach Shores, FL
“A fine place to stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2010

This hotel is immaculately clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are great, and the breakfast buffet is plentiful, with hot items varied every day. It is normally not cheap, but I managed to find a good deal on an online travel site.
The hotel is convenient to the attractions of Sapphire Valley, and is located about 4 miles from the town of Cashiers and about 12 miles to the beautiful town of Highlands.
The indoor pool and jacuzzi are a welcome treat.
I cannot imagine how anyone would not enjoy their stay here. I sure hope they keep up the good work!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Winter Park, FL
Reviewed 13 July 2009

How often do 17 and 21 year old boys get excited about a family vacation? Ours did over the prospect of a few days at High Hampton with our good friends. The scenery always takes our breath away, we love the dining room, the meals, the fellowship, the rugged outdoors activities, yes, even Bingo. The rooms are rustic and spare but the beds are comfortable. In recent years many attractive upgrades have been made to the grounds and the interiors. If you need all the technology, modern luxuries, and are not outdoorsy, this is not the place for you, but if you want lasting family memories seared into your heart against a breathtaking scenic backdrop, please make time to go to High Hampton.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank rightofcenter
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 24 June 2009

This was our first trip to High Hamption Inn. My husband and 9 year old daugher spent 4 nights at this beautiful spot. We enjoyed the lake, the tennis courts, the driving range and the wonderful waterfalls (which are within 10 miles of the resort). I absolutely loved being disconnected from the TV and internet and could really relax and play together as a family. The food was OUTSTANDING!!! We really had to pace ourselves at each meal so as not to gain too much weight. I really enjoyed going to the lodge for meals and the entertainment in the evenings (simple but fun like bingo, games, etc.). The perfect vacation for us and only 2.5 hours from Atlanta. We are definitely planning to visit again next year.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Georgia
Reviewed 10 February 2009

My husband and I went to High Hampton for a wedding (and it was my birthday weekend) and were so excited! It is expensive, but a weekend away without the kids was worth it. We drove up to the beautiful, rustic clubhouse, ready to enjoy ourselves. We have both traveled a ton, so we did not let it get to us that the staff was quite rude to us upon arrival. We finally checked in and they gave us directions to our room. We knew what to expect - that the rooms are not elaborate and that there is no TV. We got to our room and could not have been more disappointed! The room was tiny - meaning that there was about 12 inches between the queen sized bed and the walls. The bathroom was worse! My husband is 6'1" and could not stand up all the way in the shower. The bathroom size was TINY and there was one little exposed lightbulb in the ceiling. Immediately, we went back to the front desk and asked for another room. The staff was cordial and said that they would see what they could do. 2 hours later, they said that they could not help us, but to come back the next morning. We were really upset, but still determined to have a good time. After a horrible shower and uncomfortable night's sleep, we went back to the front desk to see if we could get another room. The staff was very rude to us and said that we could not be moved. My husband and I have never been treated so badly by hotel staff in our lives. Even though the High Hampton provides beautiful views of the mountains, we will never recommend that someone stay there. We so badly wanted to love the Inn and make it somewhere to bring our family, but I cannot imagine going back.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Love_to_travel444
LAKE WORTH, FL
Reviewed 11 November 2008

We've stayed here 3 times and have always loved it! I will say that it's not for everyone though. It's rustic and there are no televisions, phones or air conditioners in the rooms. Our cell phones could never get a signal here either.

But if you want to get away from your busy life for a few days these supposed "lack of amenities" turn out to be a good thing. We spent time together as a family and actually talked and played board games instead of watching TV. Don't worry about the lack of AC either because it gets quite cool at night even in summer.

We came away very relaxed and well rested. The food was always good and the scenery is incredible! There's golf, tennis, hiking, fishing, swimming and boating right on the property. We love it here and will keep coming back.

• Liked — the scenery
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 17 October 2008

I have been going to High Hampton with my family for years. This year was my first trip with my fiance and it was fabulous. He absolutely loved it. I have been there during the summer and the off season and both are great. I like the activities of the summer and the quiet and slower pace of the off season. Anyone complaining about the accomodations didnt read the brochure carefully enough. They say that they are rustic. I have never had a problem going without tv, phone, A/C, fridges, or low water pressure. The scenery, food, and outdoor acitivities are the reason you visit. Best chocolate cake-Ever. And the fried chicken is also to die for. Cant wait to go back next year!

• Liked — The mountain views, the lake, hiking, the FOOD:)
  • Disliked — not being able to stay longer
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2008

I have wanted to go to High Hampton for a long time and was finally able to do so in September. We realized we were in the offseason and that the guest list and activities would be lighter, but there were just too many small things that were "off." First, we had requested an in-room refrigerator when making the reservation and did not get one. We inquired at the front desk about checking out a badminton set and was told that it was in the teen center which is closed for the season. The heater in the room was directly behind a drape (fire hazard) so we had to find a way to prop up the drape when we turned on the heater. The shower drained very slowly and shower water would puddle at your feet. The food was hit (soups, carved meats, etc.) or miss (quesadillas with American cheese?). We wanted to visit the fitness center and found it's not nearby and you have to pay $14 a day. I could tolerate some of these but I expected more for the very high prices we were paying. On the plus side, the scenery, hiking trails and access to offseason self-service boats was nice. I can see the nostalgic appeal for some, but I don't think our family will be going back.

• Liked — Staff were very polite, views were nice
  • Disliked — High prices more mediocre accommodations
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank TarHeel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashiers
Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
The Park On Main Hotel
The Park On Main Hotel
#2 of 7 in Highlands
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant
Highlands Inn
Highlands Inn
#6 of 7 in Highlands
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to High Hampton Inn & Country Club? Share your experiences!