“Authentic and casual.”
Review of Chile Loco

Chile Loco
Ranked #15 of 34 Restaurants in Cashiers
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Excellent, authentic Mexican cuisine nestled in the mountains of Cashiers, NC. Outstanding food at a very nice family-owned restaurant.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Authentic and casual.”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very authentic and great Mexican food. Not an easy place to find, irregular hours, but worth the effort. Don't miss the chicken soup with avacados. As good as it gets.

Visited August 2014

Aiken, South Carolina
“Fresh but so so”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had our grandchildren with us and expected their meal to be something more than ordinary. The food was presented without any flare. Presentation and a look of fresh ingredients were missing from their plates. Our food was tasty but presentation was not there.The chips were very good. Try one of the other restaurants in the center.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank 599RobertB
Orlando, FL
“They nickel and dime you...”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was good and the service was good too.

Unfortunately, bathrooms were dirty, but the biggest issue for me was that everything was an add on charge. If you want more chips and salsa than one small bowl, it will cost you approx. $4. If you want cheese, tomatoes or lettuce on your tacos, that is 50 cents extra per taco. If you can certain meat, that's extra too. Although I understand some add on charges (for example higher quality meat), it seemed like everything had add on charges.

In addition, kids meals cost approx. $7 which seemed pricey for what you get. As far as the food, the tacos were ok but very dry. The guac was good. My husband liked his steak burrito and noted that it tasted really good.

I really wanted to like the place, especially since it appeared to be packed with local people, but it missed the mark with me.

• Visited July 2014
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Not your ordinary tex-mex restaurant”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

A favorite restaurant in Cashiers. Food is very good and the staff is always attentive, helpful and friendly.
Well attended by local Mexican and non Mexican residents as well as tourists. A favorite dish for me is the seafood soup, a new dish for me on one of our early visits and I often find myself unable to resist ordering it again.

• Visited April 2014
Baltimore
“Home-cooked Mexican food!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

When we found Child Loco, happiness reigned supreme.....I love Mexican cuisine-not Tex-Mex but real Mexican like you find in Mexico City or San Miguel- the real deal. They don't cook fancy dishes here, but so, so good...wonderful use of spices....the verde sauce I crave. Home cooked pork, great tamales, cold margaritas and beers. They do a lot of carry-out, but we also enjoy eating there...they have a small dining section with nice service. Super chips!

Visited March 2014