“Excellent Variety of Authentic Dishes”
Review of Chile Loco

Chile Loco
Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Cashiers
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Excellent, authentic Mexican cuisine nestled in the mountains of Cashiers, NC. Outstanding food at a very nice family-owned restaurant.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Generous portions of freshly prepared Mexican dishes will fill anyone's desire. Homemade chips and plenty of choices for lunch. We liked it a lot!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very authentic and great Mexican food. Not an easy place to find, irregular hours, but worth the effort. Don't miss the chicken soup with avacados. As good as it gets.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had our grandchildren with us and expected their meal to be something more than ordinary. The food was presented without any flare. Presentation and a look of fresh ingredients were missing from their plates. Our food was tasty but presentation was not there.The chips were very good. Try one of the other restaurants in the center.

1  Thank 599RobertB
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere was good and the service was good too.

Unfortunately, bathrooms were dirty, but the biggest issue for me was that everything was an add on charge. If you want more chips and salsa than one small bowl, it will cost you approx. $4. If you want cheese, tomatoes or lettuce on your tacos, that is 50 cents extra per taco. If you can certain meat, that's extra too. Although I understand some add on charges (for example higher quality meat), it seemed like everything had add on charges.

In addition, kids meals cost approx. $7 which seemed pricey for what you get. As far as the food, the tacos were ok but very dry. The guac was good. My husband liked his steak burrito and noted that it tasted really good.

I really wanted to like the place, especially since it appeared to be packed with local people, but it missed the mark with me.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A favorite restaurant in Cashiers. Food is very good and the staff is always attentive, helpful and friendly.
Well attended by local Mexican and non Mexican residents as well as tourists. A favorite dish for me is the seafood soup, a new dish for me on one of our early visits and I often find myself unable to resist ordering it again.