“Not Going Back”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Bequia
“Not Going Back”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Service could not make up for the terrible food. The appetizers held promise. Good egg rolls, chicken and shrimp. However, the entrees were beyond saving the meal. Udon noodles were way overcooked and doughy. Hibachi steak was overcooked. Brown rice was overcooked. Catching the common thread? Apparently there is no knob on the stove to turn it off. Everything was cooked too long and too salty. What a disappointment. But, Japanese cuisine in the middle of nowhere, I guess we wanted too much.

• Visited July 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Food was excellent”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The place is nice and casual. The portion is pretty good. I came here once while visiting a friend here, the staff were very friendly. I can't wait to visit it again. I heard that they're suppose to have alcohol serving soon, I think that will be great. Maybe next time I visit, I can try some of those Japanese alcohol. Not only that, they also have a customer reward card, I just got one just in case if I do go there again by chances if I do visit my friend. It's a good place to visit and try.

• Visited July 2013
Sylva, North Carolina
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Great staff and friendly service. This is a great Japanese restaurant. I have been to other Japanese restaurants that don't offer sweet carrots. Their sweet carrots and onion soups are superb and the prices are very reasonable with a huge portion of food. If you don't eat a lot, you and a friend can always split the meal, which is what I should have done. I ordered the teriyaki chicken entree and ended up bringing some home, which is good, because I didn't have to cook for dinner.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Anna L
“Not at all what we expected. Disappointing”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Three friends all left feeling like we would not rush back. Shrimp tempura came out on huge plate of fried veggies with 4 shrimp. Mediocre atmosphere. Not likely to survive. Huge portions.

Visited June 2013
Amelia Island, Florida
“New Restaurant in Cashiers”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Yoshi opened early in 2013 in the space formerly occupied by The Grill at Jimmy Mac's. The space is similar with booths on both sides of the room and some tables down the middle. The menu is typical with stir fry shrimp, fish, chicken or steak and vegiges with rice or noodles and sweet carrots for under $10 at lunch. I tried the Shrimp and it was tasty and an ample portion. They Asian staff was friendly and very accommodating.

The appetizers included Jumbo Shrimp, Shrimp Tempura, wings, soups and egg roll. The fried rice was only average with some peas and no egg evident.

This is a good addition to Cashiers. the are open seven days a week and they have hibachi and terriyaki dishes, salads, miso soup and the rest. I would suggest you try Yoshi as a nice change in Cashiers.

• Visited June 2013