“Great Family Place”

Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Cashiers
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We had two families in our party. We ordered various pizzas and salads. All were great. I wasn't crazy about the Old Bay chicken wings I ordered, but there are four other choices of wings. The Medium is supposed to be good. Very nice atmosphere and decor in the restaurant.

1  Thank Mercy C

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We tried Slab Town Pizza for the first time this week and we were really impressed. The staff was friendly and welcoming and we loved the classy casual look of the interior. We started with a beet salad that was unusual but scrumptious and big enough for two. We built our own white pizza with feta, red onions, Italian sausage, and Kalamata olives and it was wonderful. The crust was crisp and delicious and it was served pipping hot. One of the waiters came around to offer us a box to take home the pizza we couldn't eat before we even had to ask. Cashiers needed a really good pizza restaurant badly and now we have one. It was our first visit but it won't be our last.

2  Thank Hoosierfan100
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is the first TripAdvisor review I've ever written and I am happy to do it for Slab Town Pizza. This is a special place and the people who work there are even more special. I am both gluten- and dairy-free and these wonderful folks accommodate me each time I arrive with my own gf crust and special cheese and they happily make me a pizza using the ingredients I bring. I stopped in one weekday when they first opened and talked to them about this and they said they would be happy any time to accommodate my diet. And they do every time. Another pleasant surprise is that even if I don't want pizza, they have delicious chicken wings, soup, and several wonderful salads which I can have. I love beets and their beet salad is one of the best around.

For those with no dietary restrictions I can say that my husband and friends agree that the regular Slab Town pizza is really good. It's even better now that they are using more of the sauces/toppings on each pizza than when they first opened. I'm writing this so if anyone went early and thought the toppings were not generous enough, they should try it again and I'll bet they'll feel differently now.

I hope anyone looking for a not-too-expensive lunch or dinner in the Cashiers area will give Slab Town Pizza a try. You'll find lots of pleasant surprises on the menu and lots of smiles and friendly service from the staff there. Slab Town Pizza is a GREAT addition to the Cashiers area.

2  Thank mountainmommom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I, unfortunately, lack an opinion of this restaurant due to the fact that I have yet to sample their food. I can, however; share and forewarn you to the lack of website maintenance and customer service from this establishment. Please disregard the pricing located on the website menu because both the employees and managers have decided to do so. My family and I purchased $72.50 of food by phone for pickup. We arrive at the restaurant to pick up the order only to find that the total increased almost $15.00 to $87.00! After my initial shock I asked for an explanation. The employee immediately proceeded to locate a manager who responded with, "sorry, we haven't updated our website pricing". The manager refused to adjust the pricing and we proceeded to walk out. Moral of this story....customer satisfaction is equivalent to website maintenance and accuracy.

6  Thank jasonmC4263UR
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Little was open in Cashiers on a Sunday evening and we were happy to find Slab Town Pizza. We definitely hit the restaurant at rush time - the trouble with being one of the few places open. The line to order was long and the time it took for the food to arrive were a little long but the truth is that it gave us time to wind down and relax instead of rushing through a meal.

None of the kids with us could agree on any one thing so we sampled a number of things. I highly recommend the mozzarella sticks as a appetizer. Mozzarella LOGS would be a better name. They definitely tided us over until the pizzas and calzones arrived. The ingredients were fresh and the the flavors well blended and not overwhelming. Everything was very good and the pizza survived the true test of a good pizza: the few remaining slices were just as good the next day!