“Wonderful Dining Experience”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our first visit to the area and this restaurant was highly recommended ....and now I see why.
We were a party of 6 and were seated promptly.. Everyone had the various trout dishes...especially the Trout Chattoga and Trout Glenville....we choose appetizers including Crab cakes and Fried green tomatoes...Cocktails were superb, too. and the house wine selection was good and reasonably priced.. truly a very good experience with attentive service.
Will most definitely recommend and return again anytime.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I recently enjoyed a wonderful meal at The Orchard Restaurant. My wife had trout while I enjoyed the special, swordfish (with a pineapple sauce over grits). My wife, who loves trout but is picky about her seafood was much impressed. My swordfish was prepared as well as any swordfish that I have had; it was moist and tender and full of flavor. House wine was very good and reasonably priced. Service was attentive but not smothering. Finished the night with brownie topped with ice cream (admittedly nothing unique or creative but executed well with high quality ice cream and very rich brownie). For the money I found the meal to a great value. The Orchard comes with both of our recommendations.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Great service and great food! I had the Orchard Chicken and my wife had the Swordfish....... This was at least of 10th visit here......... Would definitely recommend!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This was my second dinner at The Orchard. The atmosphere is upscale country with several different and well-positioned seating areas. The service is folksy and attentive.

This time, my companion had the pork tenderloin and blue cheese grits. She raved about them. I had the salmon special with was prepared Asian style, wasabi potatoes and scallops on the side. This was far and away the finest salmon preparation I can recall - the entire dish and presentation was excellent. Both entrees came with a side salad that was OK but not really inspired. The rolls served with dinner were also excellent. After dinner coffee was pretty good too. We also enjoyed the fine selection of red and white wines by the glass.

This dining experience easily rivals anything I have had in major cities throughout the U.S. and abroad. The fact that you can find it up here in the mountains is a tribute to the owner's attention to style and quality.

Happy Trails.

1  Thank TruthTraveler
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We celebrated our anniversary at The Orchard Restaurant this year, and it was outstanding. I appreciate the rustic styling and mountain casual atmosphere. Service is friendly - there's nothing shy about it.... but it's all part of the charm.

Our meal was truly grand. I'm a fan of protein of the red variety, and here you get a well prepared steak that features the flavor of the high quality meat mixed with flavors that compliment and enhance the beef. It isn't seasoned to hide anything.... it's concocted to inspire, and oh does it ever.

Pork tenderloin was like candy. Easy to enjoy. Sides enhanced the meal instead of just being there to look nice.

Typically we don't order desserts because most places just don't do them well. Anything they prepare at the Orchard is homemade, and if you aren't stuffed to the gills, I highly recommend you take a chance on just about anything they're doing that night.

The chef prepares specials and some can be truly inventive. And if you want trout, you're in the right place. It is essentially prepared however you can imagine, and it will be delicious.

It's one of the more expensive places in the mountains, but there's good value here. It's an outstanding restaurant. This is how dining in the mountains is supposed to be....

4  Thank TripTipDad