“A must splurge!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Covington, Virginia
“A must splurge!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Staying in the area and saw it had great trip advisor reviews so we decided to try it. Just be warned- this is a nice place. Should we have rolled up in our tshirts and shorts? Probably not, but they took us anyway. The meals run from $20-40 each. We had crab cakes, seafood ravioli, and their filet was the best we have ever had. The fried green tomatoes weren't great but we are spoiled and like thin ones. Our waiter was great and entire experience great. The back screened in porch was perfect in this spring weather and scenic.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank saytay85

YOUNG HARRIS
“Lovely Meal”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I arrived at the Orchard without a reservation on a weekday in May. We sat at a lovely table overlooking gardens and the old orchard. The food was exceptional, service was excellent. We've added it to our list of outstanding restaurants in this area.

Visited May 2014
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic meal and service!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Outstanding food! At our table we had the following: fried green tomatoes and crab cakes (starters), then the orchard chicken (phenomenal!!), trout almandine, grimshawe ribeye, and the night's special, lamb chops. Finished the meal with a baileys Irish cream creme brûlée and key lime pie. Great wine and delightful service (ask for Bobby, such a character!). Hope you choose this and enjoy it as much as we did!!

1 Thank Swissmiss888
Mobile, Alabama
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our first visit to the area and this restaurant was highly recommended ....and now I see why.
We were a party of 6 and were seated promptly.. Everyone had the various trout dishes...especially the Trout Chattoga and Trout Glenville....we choose appetizers including Crab cakes and Fried green tomatoes...Cocktails were superb, too. and the house wine selection was good and reasonably priced.. truly a very good experience with attentive service.
Will most definitely recommend and return again anytime.

Greenville, SC
“Excellent Mountain Dinning”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I recently enjoyed a wonderful meal at The Orchard Restaurant. My wife had trout while I enjoyed the special, swordfish (with a pineapple sauce over grits). My wife, who loves trout but is picky about her seafood was much impressed. My swordfish was prepared as well as any swordfish that I have had; it was moist and tender and full of flavor. House wine was very good and reasonably priced. Service was attentive but not smothering. Finished the night with brownie topped with ice cream (admittedly nothing unique or creative but executed well with high quality ice cream and very rich brownie). For the money I found the meal to a great value. The Orchard comes with both of our recommendations.