“Cancellation charge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Mountain
Black Forest Family Camping
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Even though my family and I have had several wonderful stays at the campgrounds, sadly the last reservation that was made I called and cancelled a week before our trip due to bad weather. When I called the campground manager(s) about their charge to my credit card for the weekend cabin rental, they said they had no record of anyone calling to cancel. So, it was just my word against their records and my credit card was charged for $113.16. I'm very dissappointed in their customer service and that they did not believe that I had called to cancel the reservation. Lesson learned....email or have the cancellation in writing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NCHoney232
There are newer reviews for Black Forest Family Camping

Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent last weekend at Black Forest Family Campground for our wedding anniversary. We love to camp and love the Transylvania County area and wanted to stay near the DuPont State Forest. We found the campground online and wasn't sure what to expect when we checked in late on Friday evening. We were very satisfied with our clean camping cabin and all the campground facilities. The staff was very friendly and helpful with all our questions about the local attractions and places to hike and eat. This campground is ran by a local family who lives on site, and the grounds are secure 24 hours a day (they do not allow people who are not registered campers on site for safety reasons). To top it all off, the campground is within 10 minutes of the DuPont and "Pretty Place" chapel overlook on the grounds of Camp Greenville. We will definitely be staying here again the next time we are in the area. I highly recommend this campground to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Shutterbug1978
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had a fabulous time at this very well kept campground! We usually camp at KOA campgrounds, but wanted to check this place out. Wow!!!! We were impressed with this particular campground!!!!! Check in was quick and easy, the pool was heated and open till 10! The kids had a blast. We will definitely visit again soon. Felt very welcomed there due to the owners who were super nice! Was extremely peaceful in this area, and we were surprised that we weren't attacked by any mosquitoes there. We are used to beach weather. Can't wait to go back to our mountain get away!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wdossey
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Just got back from a weekend with our 5 kids (all in their 20's) and doggie, Scout -- tent camping at Black Forest Family Campground. W
OW!! We all loved the peacefulness of our campsites (2 adjacent sites) and the *super clean* restrooms. Very convenient to Brevard and great hiking areas. We hiked to John's Rock in Pisgah on Saturday and hiked in DuPont State Forest today. The Campground offers a delicious pancake b'fast on the weekends.....well worth the modest fee. Campsites had electricity and water and firepit. All made for a pleasant experience and we'd love to return there soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank edistogirl
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just spent 3 nights here and what a fabulous experience! We just recently started camping and this is our 4th campground and by far, the best we have experienced so far. It was quiet, relaxing, and heavily wooded. Sites were pretty close together (some more so than others) - but with the thick trees/vegatation, it still seemed private. For a campground, the bathrooms were immaculate. Very nice, very usable, very clean. All flushing toilets. Shower stalls had a nice area to change, keep your towel/clothes dry etc. First shower that I wouldn't have been freaked out not to have flip flops to wear in the shower - it was that clean! Check in was very pleasant. Right at the front of the campground, there is a lovely pool and lawn area with volleyball and badmitton nets set up and big open area to play frisbee etc. There is also a shower/bathroom area here as well as a 'yurt' where they show movies on Saturday night and there is a gameroom which is about the only thing there that I probably wouldn't recommend since some of the games just ate the quarters. There is a very nice laundry room with coin operated washer/dryers in this space as well. You then drive back the road a little and into the woods to get to the sites. There is an area that they keep as a 'quiet' area and put only adults there. But we had 3 kids in our group and one couple - and everyone was very happy with where we were. There was also an beautiful RV area that we drove through just to check it out...sites looked great.

The people that owned the campground where a delight. They ran a general store in the check-in house that was amazingly stocked. I stopped in for potatoes (long shot I figured) and they didn't have any but the women went to her personal kitchen and brought me some! They also have a Saturday Sundae hour....2 flavors of yummy ice cream and about 10 toppings to chose from!

For those in the area for hiking/mountain biking - VERY convenienct to Dupont Forest - no more than 5 minutes. And about 15 minutes from Brevard and Pisgah National Forest.

Incredible weekend was had by our entire group which was families with small kids, 20 year old college kids, and a couple with two dogs! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Meeshey27
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This campground is great. My kids and I had a wonderful time as we used it as a base for mt. biking nearby DuPont State Forest. We stayed in one of the rental campers and were very impressed. The camper was clean, and everything from the TV and microwave worked perfectly. The campground itself is expansive, with campsites spread out, amongst beautiful trees. Very nice. Nothing like any KOA I have ever been to. The family that runs the campground were very accommodating and friendly. The pool was heated and clean. The bathrooms were impeccable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 11 July 2011

this was our first time here, july 4 weekend very very secluded, quiet relaxing and clean.
peaceful and at night very dark you can see the stars like they were in 3d. very friendly and family oriented. nice pool, great weekend breakfast and ice cream. sites are a good size you will not feel cramped. lots of things to do outside the campground hiking,biking and even shopping is close. and lots of beautiful mountain views. and it is also alot cooler being 3000' .liked it so well will be going back in august for a weekend.

mike & neese dandridge ,tn

Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
#1 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Black Forest Family Camping? Share your experiences!