“Hung up on!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Mountain
Black Forest Family Camping
Sparta, North Carolina
“Hung up on!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Was looking on line AM on 6-1-14 at the Black Forest Family Camping website while planning our vacation to the area. No site map is provided on the website so we called their 800 number for more info. My wife and I asked the lady on who answered the phone how to locate their site map in order to get a feel for the layout of the facility, distances between camping sites and amenities, etc. She said they did not have a site map on their website and asked me why we needed one and went on to say they assign a site when you arrive. I asked if she could e-mail a site map an SHE HUNG UP THE PHONE ON my wife and I. We called back immediately - twice - and there was no answer.

Obviously we will not be staying there. Warning to others considering this place - keep in mid that if this is how they behave on the phone how will they treat their customers once on site?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank ScottNikkiSelina

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We camped here twice last year with a large group of friends (9 trailers). We absolutely love the campground and will plan to go back next year as well. Out sites are level and with full hookups. The wifi is fantastic and makes it easy to keep in contact even if you phone service isn't great in the mountains. The bathrooms were always spotless and the pool too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ISupportLocal
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Even though my family and I have had several wonderful stays at the campgrounds, sadly the last reservation that was made I called and cancelled a week before our trip due to bad weather. When I called the campground manager(s) about their charge to my credit card for the weekend cabin rental, they said they had no record of anyone calling to cancel. So, it was just my word against their records and my credit card was charged for $113.16. I'm very dissappointed in their customer service and that they did not believe that I had called to cancel the reservation. Lesson learned....email or have the cancellation in writing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NCHoney232
Elizabethton, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent last weekend at Black Forest Family Campground for our wedding anniversary. We love to camp and love the Transylvania County area and wanted to stay near the DuPont State Forest. We found the campground online and wasn't sure what to expect when we checked in late on Friday evening. We were very satisfied with our clean camping cabin and all the campground facilities. The staff was very friendly and helpful with all our questions about the local attractions and places to hike and eat. This campground is ran by a local family who lives on site, and the grounds are secure 24 hours a day (they do not allow people who are not registered campers on site for safety reasons). To top it all off, the campground is within 10 minutes of the DuPont and "Pretty Place" chapel overlook on the grounds of Camp Greenville. We will definitely be staying here again the next time we are in the area. I highly recommend this campground to anyone!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Shutterbug1978
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We had a fabulous time at this very well kept campground! We usually camp at KOA campgrounds, but wanted to check this place out. Wow!!!! We were impressed with this particular campground!!!!! Check in was quick and easy, the pool was heated and open till 10! The kids had a blast. We will definitely visit again soon. Felt very welcomed there due to the owners who were super nice! Was extremely peaceful in this area, and we were surprised that we weren't attacked by any mosquitoes there. We are used to beach weather. Can't wait to go back to our mountain get away!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wdossey
chapin, south carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Just got back from a weekend with our 5 kids (all in their 20's) and doggie, Scout -- tent camping at Black Forest Family Campground. W
OW!! We all loved the peacefulness of our campsites (2 adjacent sites) and the *super clean* restrooms. Very convenient to Brevard and great hiking areas. We hiked to John's Rock in Pisgah on Saturday and hiked in DuPont State Forest today. The Campground offers a delicious pancake b'fast on the weekends.....well worth the modest fee. Campsites had electricity and water and firepit. All made for a pleasant experience and we'd love to return there soon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank edistogirl
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just spent 3 nights here and what a fabulous experience! We just recently started camping and this is our 4th campground and by far, the best we have experienced so far. It was quiet, relaxing, and heavily wooded. Sites were pretty close together (some more so than others) - but with the thick trees/vegatation, it still seemed private. For a campground, the bathrooms were immaculate. Very nice, very usable, very clean. All flushing toilets. Shower stalls had a nice area to change, keep your towel/clothes dry etc. First shower that I wouldn't have been freaked out not to have flip flops to wear in the shower - it was that clean! Check in was very pleasant. Right at the front of the campground, there is a lovely pool and lawn area with volleyball and badmitton nets set up and big open area to play frisbee etc. There is also a shower/bathroom area here as well as a 'yurt' where they show movies on Saturday night and there is a gameroom which is about the only thing there that I probably wouldn't recommend since some of the games just ate the quarters. There is a very nice laundry room with coin operated washer/dryers in this space as well. You then drive back the road a little and into the woods to get to the sites. There is an area that they keep as a 'quiet' area and put only adults there. But we had 3 kids in our group and one couple - and everyone was very happy with where we were. There was also an beautiful RV area that we drove through just to check it out...sites looked great.

The people that owned the campground where a delight. They ran a general store in the check-in house that was amazingly stocked. I stopped in for potatoes (long shot I figured) and they didn't have any but the women went to her personal kitchen and brought me some! They also have a Saturday Sundae hour....2 flavors of yummy ice cream and about 10 toppings to chose from!

For those in the area for hiking/mountain biking - VERY convenienct to Dupont Forest - no more than 5 minutes. And about 15 minutes from Brevard and Pisgah National Forest.

Incredible weekend was had by our entire group which was families with small kids, 20 year old college kids, and a couple with two dogs! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Brevard
Hampton Inn Brevard
#1 of 2 in Pisgah Forest
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville

Been to Black Forest Family Camping? Share your experiences!