“Great time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Mountain
Black Forest Family Camping
Old Fort, North Carolina, United States
“Great time”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and our son and his family just spent 3 days there and had a great time did some hiking to see the water falls and the kids loved the pool. The sites where good and the owners where helpful. the grounds where keep clean. Are making plans to go back.
Don and Janet White

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Donald W

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is a family owned and operated campground. We loved the area for mtn biking,hiking,waterfalls,and just relaxing. The owners are the best! They check you in and give you a list of all the things to see and do. They also escort you to your site and help guide you into your site. They have a game room and movie night for kids. The swimming pool is large and well maintained. Pancake breakfast is offered on certain days. The sites are roomy and lots of trees. The campground is all gravel but well maintained and we had no dust problems. Great place to camp!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank upsman85
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Have been going here for years and always get the best service and have tons of fun. They have plenty for the kids as well as peace and quiet for adults only weekends. There is a special camping area for adults as well as a wonderful campground with all amenities you could ever need. Family owned and operated and just a wonderful place to stay. I highly recommend. Just minutes from Dupont State Forest and about 10-15 to Brevard.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank KeithnAlly
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Me and my husband had the most wonderful time cry coming home wanted yo stay longer.the Judy treated me like family the rest of the family was the same nice I'll tell you had fun I will be back asap,wish they had more people in the world like them so hard working and plain nice,love black forest,I'll be back clean super clean,my love to all of you Vivian&jorge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vivian F
Sparta, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Was looking on line AM on 6-1-14 at the Black Forest Family Camping website while planning our vacation to the area. No site map is provided on the website so we called their 800 number for more info. My wife and I asked the lady on who answered the phone how to locate their site map in order to get a feel for the layout of the facility, distances between camping sites and amenities, etc. She said they did not have a site map on their website and asked me why we needed one and went on to say they assign a site when you arrive. I asked if she could e-mail a site map an SHE HUNG UP THE PHONE ON my wife and I. We called back immediately - twice - and there was no answer.

Obviously we will not be staying there. Warning to others considering this place - keep in mid that if this is how they behave on the phone how will they treat their customers once on site?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank ScottNikkiSelina
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We camped here twice last year with a large group of friends (9 trailers). We absolutely love the campground and will plan to go back next year as well. Out sites are level and with full hookups. The wifi is fantastic and makes it easy to keep in contact even if you phone service isn't great in the mountains. The bathrooms were always spotless and the pool too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ISupportLocal
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Even though my family and I have had several wonderful stays at the campgrounds, sadly the last reservation that was made I called and cancelled a week before our trip due to bad weather. When I called the campground manager(s) about their charge to my credit card for the weekend cabin rental, they said they had no record of anyone calling to cancel. So, it was just my word against their records and my credit card was charged for $113.16. I'm very dissappointed in their customer service and that they did not believe that I had called to cancel the reservation. Lesson learned....email or have the cancellation in writing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 5 in Flat Rock
Hotel Domestique
Hotel Domestique
#1 of 1 in Travelers Rest

Been to Black Forest Family Camping? Share your experiences!