“Good fresh seafood”

Cape Carteret
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good fresh seafood”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I loved the seafood, fries were tolerable. Only downfall, they only have bottled water, to cheap to have free ice water. Shrimp and oysters delicious.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rudabaker
Alex G, Owner at Bogue House Restaurant, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
No, it's not because we're to cheap to give free water or ice, it's because customers used to ask for free water or a cup of ice and then go around the corner to the drink machine and tea urns, which by the way, are in the dining room, and proceed to help themselves to FREE beverages, which are NOT FREE to me! How do I know this, some have been caught red-handed and we see the rest on cameras, which are in plain sight! You know the old saying, "a bad apple spoils the bunch!"
I know most of my customers could care less, but there's always two sides of the coin.

South Carolina
“good steak”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Had the butterfly filet, you can cut with a fork. Very good, had a wait to get in to eat. The seating area we were in was a bit unlevel. I mean the floor was slanted causing the chairs to slide.other than this we had a great time.

Visited October 2013
“Perfect quick meal ”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

For a quick fresh cooked meal Bogue House is hard to beat. I order their daily special of country fried steak with two sides and hush puppies. Everything was cooked perfectly and was very favorable. My wife had their fried chicken which was also very good. For the price they are hard to beat.

Emerald Isle, North Carolina
“So-so”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Awesome hush puppies and green beans. Everything else makes my stomach upset. I was really disappointed in the crab cake burger. I hear good things about the BBQ, but I don't like BBQ, so this isn't my favorite place to eat. I wish their alternatives were better.

• Visited August 2013
Brunswick, Georgia
“Good food and happy kids”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My family and I stayed in Emerald Isle last week until Labor Day. While there we met some people and they suggested to go to the Bogue House; well, we decided that we would try it on our way out of town. Whenever we went in, we were greeted immediately and could tell that it was definitely a "local's place". My husband and I ordered flounder and shrimp. The flounder was huge and we were offered to have our shrimp steamed because I had asked for something not fried. Our kids got a shrimp burger and a barbeque sandwich. Everything was absolutely delicious and everyone was happy with their food, including the kids which is rare for these two. We wish we would had gone sooner so we could eat there again, but we will be making a trip back as soon as possible.

• Visited September 2013