“Yum!”

Bogue House Restaurant
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is not a place where you want to eat in- its like eating on the plastic tables at Subway's, but the food more than made up for the lack of ambience! You order your food at the counter, buy drinks from the cooler, and pretty much serve yourself, but when your meal arrives, you will forget all about the atmosphere. This place was recommended by 2 local people who said it is the only place for seafood, and they were spot-on. I had a Fried chicken/Shrimp plate, which was much more food than I could eat. The hushpuppies were crisp and delicious, not greasy. The shrimp were amazing- fresh and tasty. The chicken was good Southern cooking, great crust, but again, not greasy. The sides were cooked to perfection- greens that were tender, not cooked to a mush, and coleslaw that had a fresh, zingy taste to it. Everyone with us was happy with their meal. In future (since we will certainly return), we will order to go and enjoy the great food in our own place, as many, many local people do.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

I loved the seafood, fries were tolerable. Only downfall, they only have bottled water, to cheap to have free ice water. Shrimp and oysters delicious.

1  Thank Rudabaker
Alex G, Owner at Bogue House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

No, it's not because we're to cheap to give free water or ice, it's because customers used to ask for free water or a cup of ice and then go around the corner to the drink machine and tea urns, which by the way, are in the dining room, and proceed to help themselves to FREE beverages, which are NOT FREE to me! How do I know this, some have been caught red-handed and we see the rest on cameras, which are in plain sight! You know the old saying, "a bad apple spoils the bunch!"
I know most of my customers could care less, but there's always two sides of the coin.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Had the butterfly filet, you can cut with a fork. Very good, had a wait to get in to eat. The seating area we were in was a bit unlevel. I mean the floor was slanted causing the chairs to slide.other than this we had a great time.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

For a quick fresh cooked meal Bogue House is hard to beat. I order their daily special of country fried steak with two sides and hush puppies. Everything was cooked perfectly and was very favorable. My wife had their fried chicken which was also very good. For the price they are hard to beat.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Awesome hush puppies and green beans. Everything else makes my stomach upset. I was really disappointed in the crab cake burger. I hear good things about the BBQ, but I don't like BBQ, so this isn't my favorite place to eat. I wish their alternatives were better.