“Great Stay at the Waterway!”
Review of Waterway Inn

Waterway Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Point
Waterway Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cedar Point
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I recently visited the Cedar Point area to do some househunting for a few days. When I checked in the owner Dave was very friendly and welcomed me to the area. Although I was a bit early my room was ready to go. Before deciding to stay here I had looked at a few of the bigger hotels in the area but decided to go with the this smaller Mom and Pop hotel....glad i did. The location was perfect. It's very close the beach and right on the intercoastar waterway with a grassy area, chairs, picnic tables and a fire pit that overlooks the water. There are even a few docks you can walk out on and watch the boats go by. Room was very clean, had a fridge and microwave....perfect for what I needed. I would see the owners every morning making sure the property was cleaned and kept in pristine condition. They would ask how my stay was and how my house hunting was going. The level of personal caring for their guests was something that I know I wouldn't have recieved anywhere else. I highly recommend the Waterway Inn if you are staying in the area, you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but there are a few on the second floor that will give you a little better view...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ryan O

Reviewed 6 April 2013

The owners actually care. A concept others should follow, The hotel is on a somewhat busy road, but after you arrive, it is bonfires and hanging out with good people who boat, paddle-board and fish. Very good customer service. Clean, Neat.

Room Tip: Show up if you are outdoorsy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank WillM933
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Older but adorable little mom-and-pop motel! Fully remodeled in a beach theme with lots of natural light without losing any of its abundance of charm. Rooms are small but comfortable and clean with everything one could need, each and every one an excellent value. Owners were sweet, friendly, and accommodating as was their helpful staff of one. Great location near many interesting and colorful places to eat. Will definitely stay here again! Thanks, Dave and Kay!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank hrmajsty
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My husband and I made reservations online, never having stayed at the Waterway Inn before.
We arrived quite late in the night (10 pm) and the host, Dave, was there to greet us with a big cheery smile. Our room was bright and clean. The covers were soft and the pillows were just right. We got off season pricing of $55 a night and you really can't beat that anywhere. There is a launch site next door if you bring a boat. Kayak rentals are next door. This is a great weekend getaway spot that doesn't break the bank.

Room Tip: There is a hair dryer, iron, ironing board, microwave and fridge in the room. No coffee maker, so i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SandraDee_22
Reviewed 22 October 2012

The Waterway Inn in Swansboro, NC is a 1960's motel, which has been totally renovated on the inside such that the rooms are totally up to date. While it is not the Ritz, it is clean and located right on the water. While few rooms have a water view, there is a large grassy area with grills and Adirondeck chairs from which you can view the marsh and inland waterway. The help is great (they are also the owners of this 14 room establishment). So bring your kayak and enjoy the quaint village of Swansboro.

The one thing missing is faciel tissues. If you have allergies like me, remember to BYO.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank FredfromRichmond
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Our club has been going to the Waterway Inn for several years and have always enjoyed staying here. The owner's Dave and Kay are the finest people you will ever meet. The rooms are very clean and the grounds are well maintained. We have had a fishing tournment with a large fish fry on Saturday with no problems. Look forward to going back again next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice. Room number 12 is top floor and has Waterway and Inlet views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Heading to the mainland from the Outer Banks late in the afternoon, my husband and I were looking for another kayak destination when we drove throught the parking lot of the Waterway Inn. A gentleman approached our car. He inquired where we were staying for the evening and suggested the Waterway Inn. Little did we know it was Dave, the owner of the the Waterway Inn. Fortunately we decided to accept his offer! Our stay ended up being one of the most memorable stops on our two week trip. The Inn was just steps from the Intracostal Waterway which was the perfect spot for us to launch our kayaks. Our room was clean, bright and cheery and it looked out over the water. That evening we shared a bottle of wine with Dave as we relaxed on the lawn and watched the sun set over the water. Dave was the ultimate host, and he went above and beyond to make our stay very enjoyable. We even stayed one extra night. We will definitely return to the Waterway Inn!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
The Inn at Pine Knoll Shores
#3 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#2 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Waterway Inn? Share your experiences!