“hotel at swansboro nc”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cedar Point
westville il, United States
“hotel at swansboro nc”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

very dirty bathroom, so complained 3 days in a row, no responce, told by "head of housekeeping" on last day there that they dont wash the walls, "sorry but in the bathroom" mostly needed. will never stay there again, would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

2 Thank Stephen S
mygoodtrip, Manager at Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,
I sorry about your recent experience at our property. It is not at all a typical experience at our hotel and we are taking it very seriously. Please try us again and I am very sure you will not be disappointed. Thank you so much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I recently stayed here for a weekend wedding on the recommendation of my friend Cliff. They were able to work with my schedule...(I booked much later than I should have) Everyone was very friendly and professional! On top of that, they had a great rate! I'll definately stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
mygoodtrip, Manager at Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comments. Thank you also to your friend and to you for recommending us. We are so glad we were able to help you with your schedule. Our team at BW Plus Silver Creek Inn prides in providing clean, comfortable, safe and affordable accommodation for any occasion in Emerald Isle/Swansboro area of Crystal Coast of North Carolina. We are happy to learn that you will stay with us again. Thank you so much for opportunity to serve you.
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Very pleased with hotel, staff and rate. Definitely plan to return when in Swansboro/Cedar Point area. Only one other hotel chain in area could not compare to Best Western Plus - they exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Beachgal2009
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. Your comments have put a sunny smile on the faces of my team. Thank you so much for that. I am glad to know that we will be your hotel of choice for your stay in this area. Please do let us know if we can do anything to further your stay experience. Thank you so much for your business and we will see you again soon.
Wilson, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I loved everything about this hotel. Convinient location, five minutes from the beaches. They had good healthy options for breakfast. The room was big, nice and clean. High ceilings and a jacuzzi, bright natural light. Would definetely stay here next time!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Veronica2702
mygoodtrip, Manager at Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time out for writing about our hotel. I am happy that you liked our hotel, its friendly staff, amenities and proximity to the Crystal Coast of North Carolina. I have shared your comments with our team and they are all overjoyed at reading them. They thank you for your kind words and hope to see you again!
swansboro nc, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Overall a great place to stay but the housekeepers kept my 100 dollar sony game station headphones I left under the covers when I left. I am very disappointed at the security of the rooms after leaving and that no one reported the headphones to the management and the followup from them

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comments. I am sorry for the loss of your headphones. All our housekeepers are trained in reporting any found item immediately to the management and anything like this has never happened.
Thank you so much for your business. We hope that you will stay with us again.
Asheville NC
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We were here for a 3 day stay visiting family. First day, line workers arrived in their big trucks b/c a storm in the area had taken phone lines down. By nighttime, they were drunk and routy on the 1st floor. Around 2:00 am one of the men was kicked out of his room by his buddy and it quieted down. We told the desk, they moved us to the next floor, which had children running up and down the hall until well after midnight! We should have called the desk, but felt badly about the night before so didn't. That night was another night of no sleep.The next morning management said we were not the only ones to complain of the kids in the hallways. Told desk again, this time they moved our things for us. We finally had a good night's sleep! They accommodated us in every way possible, and I know these things were not at all their fault. They went out of their way to make us comfortable, as we greatly appreciated it. We will always stay here because they truly do care for their guests and do the very best they can.

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our staff. I am sorry that some kids disturbed your sleep. I wish they could understand that many people come to hotels to rest. Most of our guests are very good about but once in while we have a group where the accompanying marshals fail to contain odd behavior. Once again we are sorry. We take this opportunity to thank you for your business. We hope to see you again.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We checked into the room at 6pm and ended up leaving at 11:00am with a three year old child do to finding multiple bugs in our room. We were also charged for the room and I was told to come back in the morning. Leaving us with no place to stay that night but in our car. The next morning after being told the manager would be in at 9am. I arrived at the hotel to be notified the manager would not be in the hotel for three more days. I proceeded to have the deck call her on her personal number and I was still charged $70.00 for our horrible experience. We also had booked three other rooms for family that we ended up cancelling as well.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

mygoodtrip, Manager at Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Guest,

We apologize for the experience that you have had at our hotel. Our hotel is serviced by ORKIN, a nationally reputable pest control firm. We are taking up the matter with them. According to them, they spray around the hotel to create a perimeter defense so that no bugs can come inside. Sometimes these local bugs hitch hike and get in. I am sorry this happened to you. You agreed to a compensation and that was posted to your account. Once again please accept our sincere apology. I want to assure you though this is not a cleanliness issue but our staff is taking it very seriously. They are doing every thing to keep the hotel free of any insects. I am sure along with ORKIN's help we will be able to seal the building better. Thank you so much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Point
Hampton Inn & Suites Swansboro / near Camp Lejeune at Bear Creek Gate
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Silver Creek Inn? Share your experiences!