“Stylish hotel with wonderful staff”

The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Large, well-appointed rooms with marble baths and comfy beds. We stayed in a top floor room facing the back parking lot and it was quiet. The service sets this hotel apart; it is outstanding. We were greeted every time we came or went, the restaurant staff remembered us from the first day, and we took the shuttle to dinner every night and the drivers were prompt and friendly. Our only problem was that the wifi did not work well in our room although it was fine in the lobby.
We appreciated the coffee and lemonade available in the lobby. And the cookies!
We will return to this hotel for our Chapel Hill visits.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Family of four stayed in room 225 for 2 nights for UNC Chapel Hill Orientation. Room was VERY large and beds very comfortable. FREE Wifi (although signal strength was not strong in our room) and clean/large bathroom.
Unfortunately we did not really have time or opportunity to eat at hotel or use exercise room.
Did use hotel shuttle and they were very accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ButlertheDog
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a very unique hotel- Italian theme, beautiful bathrooms, huge room with a very comfortable bed. But I think their best attribute is the people - very friendly and helpful. When you walk in the door you are greeted and escorted to check in, which took seconds. We also used the free shuttle downtown and it was great- quick with prompt pick up. A definite must!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deanvt89
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Great location and comfortable. Plush and warm welcome. Top notch. Would have liked a full length mirror in room but shower was spectacular. View and food and service #1. Italian restaurant authentic. Great drinks. Friendly staff. Breakfast another great addition

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was our third stay over the years at this "Autograph Collection" Hotel and again we were not disappointed! A very distinctive feel of Italy throughout the hotel. The rooms R eloquently styled and U get the feeling U R in a very expensive hotel. The service is exceptional with everyone going out of their way to inform and please U during your stay. Reasonably priced for the amenities! Stay and prove me wrong:)

Room Tip: King with a view out the front if available:)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wally J
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My girlfriend and I visited Chapel Hill in order to look at UNC as our next academic step. We fell in love with this hotel the minute we walked in. They checked us in at 1 pm (Check in time is at 4 pm).
The bathroom is spacious with walk in shower. Very clean and neat hotel. We will definitely be back

Room Tip: Great for anniversaries
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband raves about staying here weekly (due to his job) and finally I had the pleasure of traveling with him and experiencing the Siena for myself. I was completely spoiled! Brian and his staff were truly wonderful from check-in to check-out. The ladies that take care of the front desk area were always friendly, greeting me with a cheerful smile and a kind welcoming or send off every time I saw them. Jarrod was quick to offer advice and point me in the right direction each day when I wanted to go out exploring the sights Chapel Hill and the surrounding areas. Brian was eager to shuttle me wherever I wanted to go. Housekeeping and the turn down service, (yes complete with ice in the bucket and a mint on the pillow), were terrific. To top it all off, Chef Teddy runs an impeccable on-sight restaurant, Il Palio, with a changing weekly menu. My husband and I stay in many hotels due to his travels. I have never thought enough of them to write a review, but there is something special about the Siena. I can’t wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business