“Very good hotel in Chapel Hill”

Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton Chapel Hill for four nights during our a business trip to UNC. Had a room in the 4th floor not so far from the elevator, and did not notice any noise. Everything was quiet. The room it self was a standard room , and the bed was nice. Both the bathroom and the room was clean, and housekeeping did a good job. There is a fitness center at the lobby level.

The hotel also has a free shuttle service to to local area around the hotel, this was a very good service for us, since it was a pain for guests to park at UNC. The service in general by the staff at the hotell was very good, the only smal thing I can put my finger at is that the Club in the 4th floor perhaps was a little smal, especially during breakfast hours.

The hotel also has a restaurant called Shula's 347 Grill, which was very good!

1  Thank haakonks
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in providing the high quality of stay you experienced. Our clean, newly renovated property houses multiple amenities including our Sheraton Fitness Center programmed by Core Performance; which you so enjoyed. Our complimentary Shuttle will take our guests anywhere in a five mile radius, encompassing all of downtown Chapel Hill and UNC. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need anything at all on your next visit to Chapel Hill.

Warmest regards,
Steven Cory

Reviewed 18 February 2012

We had a room near the end of the hall and did not notice any of the hallway noise or thin walls of previous reviewers. It was just fine and we enjoyed our stay. The room was a bit on the small side but not restrictive. It was a Wednesday and they provided a nice finger food free happy hour in the lobby which was fun and nice. We ate at the Shula's in the hotel which was very, very good. Recommended.

1  Thank United858
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

We deeply appreciate such positive feedback. Connecting with our guests and providing the most comfortable and memorable experiences possible is of utmost Importance to us. We are so fortunate to have such wonderful staff; both in Shula's 347, and the rest of our property. Please feel free to contact me directly should you return to Chapel Hill if I can be of any assistance.
Warmest regards,
Steven Cory

Reviewed 10 February 2012

This hotel is supposed to be 3 star but the walls are paper thin and because it is close to the university it had a constant flow of young people in the hall who didn't know the meaning of courtesy or quiet. For three hours the doors slammed and adults and students alike were loud and running up and down the halls. When I said something, one group acted like I was inconveniencing them. The so called wonderful bed had good linens but pillows that were were both over firm and too thin. The hotel lobby although modern was uninviting and cold. Shula's restaurant with its friendly staff was the only highlight of this hotel. I would give this hotel a 2 star rating and will not return to this Sheraton. The room was narrow and the bathroom very, very small.

1  Thank Travel0221
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our goal is that every guest receive VIP treatment and have the most pleasureable stay possible. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed Shula's 347, they have proven to be an invaluable addition to our property. Our
open lobby space has proven to be very helpful seeing that we frequently host large events. We hope to have an opportunity to wow you in the future if you should visit Chapel Hill. Please feel free to reach out to me should you want to discuss anything at all.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

We were in Chapel Hill NC this last week end at the Sheraton. The staff were great, the room was clean and the bedding clean and comfortable. The food order from room service was correct and they food was "hot" when it arrived at our room. I will recommend this hotel to other and I will be staying at other Sheratons when I travel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the senior discount if you are 60 or over.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 0826Jerry
tmilby, Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments mean a great deal to our staff. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance for any of your future stays.
Ted Milby

Reviewed 10 January 2012

Standard Sheraton hotel, good "sweet sleeper" beds and a quiet peaceful location away from hustle bustle. The club lounge is particularly good with breakfast as well as hot evening snacks.

The rooms appear to be recently renovated with newish furniture and electronics. Bathrooms also nice and clean.

Easy parking and 5-10 min driving distance to Franklin St in Chapel Hill.

Room Tip: Rooms facing back are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SometimesFlyer
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The absolute number one thing I can say about the Sheraton Chapel Hill is that the beds were fantastic. I think it's a Sheraton thing now actually. I love the bed, linen, pillows, etc.

The room was very clean as expected of a 3.5 hotel, but the layout was a little weird. I think it's because the hotel was recently renovated or redone and thats just what they have to work with.

Next, the television. This isn't something I remark on usually because it's hotel TV, but the fact that they actually use HD cable service is a major surprise. I never understand why hotel have flat screens without HD. It's stupid.
Sheraton Chapel Hill is first one I've ever seen.

On to the one and biggest negative. Noise. The hotel isn't especially busy (although visiting athletic teams to UNC stay there), but any noise whatsoever from the hallway can be heard in your room. At 230am, it was a revolving door of noise from the hall.

All in all, for $66 on Priceline, this was a fantastic value. They also have a Shula's Steakhouse which I believe is 4-5 star quality (and price).

I'd recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Section1Guy
tmilby, Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Chapel Hill. The bed is the "Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed". So many people have fallen in love with it that Sheraton offers the bed package online, just search for Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed.
We are very proud of our HD selection as well. So far, we are up to 40 HD channels.
We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

I try to stay in this hotel when I come to Chapel Hill for various reasons. It is located conveniently for me, close to I-40 and shopping and restaurants.

The rooms are nicely appointed, but a bit on the small side. I don't normally stay more than 2-3 days each time, so this doesn't bother me, but may bother some who stay for any longer than this. The room has free wi-fi and the staff are very pleasant and helpful.

The business area has some benefits as well, with computers and space to spread out a little bit. I was able to meet with a couple of colleagues and could work effectively on a project for about an hour.

The bed and pillows are comfortable. I don't like the feather pillows which are too soft, and these are a good blend of soft and firm. It has always felt clean and fresh. The flat screen TV is a nice plus.

My only complaint is the restaurant and breakfast, but it has nothing to do with this hotel or Sheraton. Why is it that the more you spend on a hotel room in a nicer, higher end chain that you have to pay for breakfast? I find this backwards in many ways. I am quite surprised they don't charge for wi-fi access, honestly. The breakfast area is small and tucked in a corner near the restaurant entrance, behind the reception area. The food was fresh and of good quality, but I couldn't help but feel like the value was not there.

The restaurant is a Shula’s 347 Grill and I have never eaten there despite many stays. I don't feel the value is good for the money to be honest. But, don't let that dissuade you from trying it!

Overall, this is a good value hotel with a nice location. I would highly recommend it for business travelers in particular.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business