“Great sevice and great value perfect get away location for an evening away from home”

Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I was impressed by the service of all the hotel employees. The hotel was labeled as a 4 star. I would contest a 3 plus star but for the area it is a great hotel for the value. My girlfriend and I stayed here to get away from my town. A little weekend escape. Worked out great. Never had a bad experiance with Sheraton.

• Stayed March 2012
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it means a great deal to our staff to know that the high level of service we strive for is being met. Our location has proven to be "the perfect getaway" for many of our guests. We deeply appreciate your loyalty to Sheraton and especially to our property. Please reach out to me upon your next visit if I can assist you in any way.

Best regards,
Steven Cory

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Stayed at the Sheraton Chapel Hill for four nights during our a business trip to UNC. Had a room in the 4th floor not so far from the elevator, and did not notice any noise. Everything was quiet. The room it self was a standard room , and the bed was nice. Both the bathroom and the room was clean, and housekeeping did a good job. There is a fitness center at the lobby level.

The hotel also has a free shuttle service to to local area around the hotel, this was a very good service for us, since it was a pain for guests to park at UNC. The service in general by the staff at the hotell was very good, the only smal thing I can put my finger at is that the Club in the 4th floor perhaps was a little smal, especially during breakfast hours.

The hotel also has a restaurant called Shula's 347 Grill, which was very good!

1 Thank haakonks
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in providing the high quality of stay you experienced. Our clean, newly renovated property houses multiple amenities including our Sheraton Fitness Center programmed by Core Performance; which you so enjoyed. Our complimentary Shuttle will take our guests anywhere in a five mile radius, encompassing all of downtown Chapel Hill and UNC. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need anything at all on your next visit to Chapel Hill.

Warmest regards,
San Diego CA
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We had a room near the end of the hall and did not notice any of the hallway noise or thin walls of previous reviewers. It was just fine and we enjoyed our stay. The room was a bit on the small side but not restrictive. It was a Wednesday and they provided a nice finger food free happy hour in the lobby which was fun and nice. We ate at the Shula's in the hotel which was very, very good. Recommended.

1 Thank United858
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
We deeply appreciate such positive feedback. Connecting with our guests and providing the most comfortable and memorable experiences possible is of utmost Importance to us. We are so fortunate to have such wonderful staff; both in Shula's 347, and the rest of our property. Please feel free to contact me directly should you return to Chapel Hill if I can be of any assistance.
Warmest regards,
Nags Head, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This hotel is supposed to be 3 star but the walls are paper thin and because it is close to the university it had a constant flow of young people in the hall who didn't know the meaning of courtesy or quiet. For three hours the doors slammed and adults and students alike were loud and running up and down the halls. When I said something, one group acted like I was inconveniencing them. The so called wonderful bed had good linens but pillows that were were both over firm and too thin. The hotel lobby although modern was uninviting and cold. Shula's restaurant with its friendly staff was the only highlight of this hotel. I would give this hotel a 2 star rating and will not return to this Sheraton. The room was narrow and the bathroom very, very small.

1 Thank Travel0221
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Our goal is that every guest receive VIP treatment and have the most pleasureable stay possible. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed Shula's 347, they have proven to be an invaluable addition to our property. Our
open lobby space has proven to be very helpful seeing that we frequently host large events. We hope to have an opportunity to wow you in the future if you should visit Chapel Hill. Please feel free to reach out to me should you want to discuss anything at all.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We were in Chapel Hill NC this last week end at the Sheraton. The staff were great, the room was clean and the bedding clean and comfortable. The food order from room service was correct and they food was "hot" when it arrived at our room. I will recommend this hotel to other and I will be staying at other Sheratons when I travel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for the senior discount if you are 60 or over.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 0826Jerry
tmilby, Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments mean a great deal to our staff. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance for any of your future stays.
Ted Milby
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Standard Sheraton hotel, good "sweet sleeper" beds and a quiet peaceful location away from hustle bustle. The club lounge is particularly good with breakfast as well as hot evening snacks.

The rooms appear to be recently renovated with newish furniture and electronics. Bathrooms also nice and clean.

Easy parking and 5-10 min driving distance to Franklin St in Chapel Hill.

Room Tip: Rooms facing back are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SometimesFlyer
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The absolute number one thing I can say about the Sheraton Chapel Hill is that the beds were fantastic. I think it's a Sheraton thing now actually. I love the bed, linen, pillows, etc.

The room was very clean as expected of a 3.5 hotel, but the layout was a little weird. I think it's because the hotel was recently renovated or redone and thats just what they have to work with.

Next, the television. This isn't something I remark on usually because it's hotel TV, but the fact that they actually use HD cable service is a major surprise. I never understand why hotel have flat screens without HD. It's stupid.
Sheraton Chapel Hill is first one I've ever seen.

On to the one and biggest negative. Noise. The hotel isn't especially busy (although visiting athletic teams to UNC stay there), but any noise whatsoever from the hallway can be heard in your room. At 230am, it was a revolving door of noise from the hall.

All in all, for $66 on Priceline, this was a fantastic value. They also have a Shula's Steakhouse which I believe is 4-5 star quality (and price).

I'd recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Section1Guy
tmilby, Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Thank you for your review of the Sheraton Chapel Hill. The bed is the "Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed". So many people have fallen in love with it that Sheraton offers the bed package online, just search for Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed.
We are very proud of our HD selection as well. So far, we are up to 40 HD channels.
We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments, and hope to see you again soon.