“Nice Hotel - Small Rooms”

Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I had flown in to NC for a couple of days and decided to try out this Sheraton. The location is good, very easy five minute drive off of I-40. The outside is just plain ugly. Looks like a hotel from the 70's. However, once inside, it is a beautiful hotel with great staff. The main downside is the very small rooms. Barely enough room to move around comfortably but the room did have a nice balcony overlooking the pool. The hotel is also very pet friendly if you are traveling with your dog. I did see at least 4 or 5 well behaved dogs here in the hotel.

The beds and pillows, as usual at Sheratons, are incredibly comfortable!

I ate at the restaurant and the food was Excellent! Quite pricy but well worth it. The restaurant staff were really good up to the point when they were none too discreetly trying to get us to leave. They were trying to close up all around us even though it had not quite reached closing time. I took a full star away from the hotel because of this..... unacceptable.

Overall, a really nice hotel and I would have no problem recommending it. Just beware that the restaurant is not very busy and they want you OUT before closing time!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tammynnc
tmilby, Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Every member of our staff takes a great deal of pride in excellent customer service. Your feedback means a lot to them. We look forward to having you back soon to earn a full five star rating.
Ted Milby

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel over the last weekend in September and enjoyed our stay there very much. We booked our room as part of a group that was going to a football game that weekend and got a really good rate, which was a bonus. The reservation process was painless and the customer service representative took the time to check all other rates that were available to ensure we got the best price (reservation made over the phone). The room we had looked nice and was clean and housekeeping was prompt and thorough. We had a small gathering in one of the hotel's conference rooms and the food that was served exceeded our expectations. The exercise facility looked very sharp and the equipment in it was in good condition and not outdated.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments. It means a great deal to our staff to know that our hard work is paying off, and that the level of experience we strive for is being delivered. We look very forward to our next opportunity to serve you,

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Friday evening and was very pleased. The guest service rep at the front desk was kind, very, very pleasant and extremely helpful! I ordered room service and it was delivered with a smile. Room was bright and clean. I wanted to stay for the weekend but they were booked so we had to move to the Doubletree in Durham....

I would definitely stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cwilli64

It makes me so happy to see such great feedback! I say all the time that we have the best hotel and staff in the world, and it is comments like this that further convince me I am correct.

Welcome to the Sheraton Chapel Hill family,

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Never been to a Sheraton before and now I will never go any where else. Thanks to the incredibly friendly and hard working staff (Vincent, Sandy, and especially Holly were extremely helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Let the staff choose, they know their stuff!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

We appreciate your taking the time to post a review and thank you for your kind words. I am so glad that you connected with our Front Desk staff and felt a part of our family.

Till next we see you,

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I had an overall wonderful stay at the Sheraton Hotel in Chapel Hill. I will definitely stay there again and highly recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting the area. The location is great because I was in Chapel Hill yet far enough away from downtown where all the students are out on the streets in mobs right now. I was also very close to the highways so getting back to RDU was quick and easy. They have a few different Sheraton shuttles that run so I took them downtown which was great because I could go out to eat and shop without having to worry about finding a place to park on Franklin Street or fearing that my car would be toed for parking in the wrong spot. It made it convenient so I could have some fun nights out, stress free and really enjoy myself.

The Hotel Staff were great too! You could tell that they were all there to make sure I really enjoyed my stay with them. They remembered my name even which was nice and were very friendly the moment I walked in through the lobby. They did everything to make sure my needs and wants were met. They were polite, professional, caring and answered all my questions.

The whole room was very clean and smelled nice and the bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable. I slept so well and even ended up ordering myself two Sheraton pillows because I just loved them that much. The only complaint I had my whole stay was the down comforter on my bed felt like it was maybe a little damp, but I think that is because they are feather down comforters and it was a really humid North Carolina summer day so it was just holding more moisture than it normally would. I called the front desk and Steve Cory the Front Office Supervisor answered. He fixed the problem right away by personally bringing me another blanket and more fresh linens. He also was very thoughtful and brought me a selection of herbal teas to choose from. It was the perfect gesture and once again made me realize just how much I was enjoying choosing this hotel to stay at.

I look forward to my next stay at the Sheraton Chapel Hill. Thanks for being so accommodating and running your Hotel the way that you do. I'm now a customer for life :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
StevenCory, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We are so grateful to have made such a raving fan, and look very forward to our next opportunity to have you with us. Welcome to our family,

Reviewed 28 September 2012

The Sheraton Chapel Hill is a wonderful place to stay and has excellent staff memebers. The Sales Manager Theresa Thiel is a star!. I work for a large company and she is always available to help me accommodate our visitors and group functions.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2012

The Sheraton Chapel Hill is a wonderful place to stay. From the moment we started our relationship with the hotel, the Sales Manager, Theresa Thiel, has treated my colleagues like family. She goes out of her way to make their stay as pleasant as it can be. She is an absolute joy to work with. The Sheraton staff is friendly and always accommodating. We definitely will continue to stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business