“Can't put my finger on it”

Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
“Can't put my finger on it”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Hotel is nice. Rooms are large and comfortable. Shuttle service needs to be dramatically improved. The drivers need to know where major landmarks and streets are in town.

Some wear shown on the room. Front desk kind of off at times. Coffee downstairs not stocked or refilled. Housekeeping was phenomenal. Breakfast buffet nice and great value but service was again off. This was a football weekend so it was very expensive but minor changes could be made to make this place great

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Stephheel
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We take every guest feedback very seriously and want to assure you that the team at the Sheraton Chapel Hill is committed to provide every guest with an excellent experience.

We have shared your feedback with our operations team and shuttle drivers have been re-trained on local area attractions and other landmarks.

We hope that you give us another chance when you visit Chapel Hill.

Nitin Khanna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Rougemont,NC
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here for an overnight anniversary get a way. When the front desk staff found out we were celebrating they gave us complimentary breakfast. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The location is centrally located so its close to everything you could want to do. We had a great time!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Congratulations on your anniversary! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Chapel Hill. Your great feedback has been shared with the team and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Mableton, Georgia
Reviewed 21 September 2013

When you say, The Sheraton, you already know it's a 5 star beauty. But it's the employee's that make the experience great! It's as if every single employee went to NICE school and they graduated with honors! The hotel in and of itself is just fabulous. But who cares if the staff is not friendly, courteous, and PATIENT.
From check-in (Demetrius) to check-out (Steven Cory) to calls to the front desk (Sandee English) and the Club Lounge (Maria), NICE. And it wasn't just Southern Hospitality, because Demitrius said he wasn't from Chapel Hill.
Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KIMBERLY F
Steven C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Such positive feedback means a lot to our staff and lets us know that our dedication is paying off. We look very forward to our next chance to provide you with our stellar service.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Our daughter was married on September 1, 2013. Our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, and morning after brunch were all held at the Sheraton in Chapel Hill, Most of our guests and family also stayed there. The weekend could have not have been more perfect. Kyle Adams was the best wedding planner/catering director anyone could ask for. Thank you, Sheraton for making the weekend great!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We are very proud of Kyle and her dedication. Our entire team was very excited about your daughter's wedding and I am happy that everything went as planned. I am glad that your family and friends enjoyed their stay at the Sheraton Chapel Hill. Congratulations!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had to go on a last minute trip for a family emergency in NC and made my reservations on line through a travel site. On arrival, I realized that I inadvertently booked for a different weekend. The gentleman at the front desk was so helpful and was able to accommodate me with a room at the same rate without any penalties. The room was great, as was the restaurant for breakfast. Everyone in the hotel was so professional and courteous. The hotel location was well situated. I checked out early Monday morning to catch an 8:10 flight. As I approached the airport security lines at about 7:20, I realized I had left my computer in my room at the Sheraton. After making a frantic call to the hotel, they miraculously were able to deliver my computer to me by 7:50, and I was able to then get through security and made the flight just before the door closed. I couldn't have asked for a better hotel experience than I had this past weekend at the Sheraton. I am forever grateful to the staff there for my making my stay so memorable. B Elliot

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Steven C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Wow, I cannot thank you enough for such awesome feedback. Our staff work very hard to go above and beyond for every guest, and I am so glad to hear we did so for you. We can't wait for our next chance to WOW you.

Till then,

Columbia, SC
Reviewed 3 September 2013

As a relatively frequent traveler, I really enjoyed the holiday weekend at the Sheraton Chapel Hill from the moment of check in to the 'giving up a happy dwelling feeling at check out. The friendliness and helpfulness of every staff member that we came in contact with spoke volumes about their customer service training. We toured the hotel as if it were a museum or architectural delight because it is very well designed, landscaped and decorated.
The room was especially quite, this was great because we spent a lot of time conversing without radio or TV sound. When resting the bed and linens invited one into deep slumber and the rooms layout was excellent. Our room just happened to overlook the beautiful pool area. Multiple scenic views within the property make this a hotel that deserves your attention.

Room Tip: Expect a peaceful stay.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you so much for your remarkable feedback. We are very proud of our team and your compliments were shared with everyone.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stay at the Sheraton every time I come to NC to visit family. The rooms are clean and the the linen not only smells fresh but is soft on my skin as well. I love the pillows too. The Front Desk Staff are not only professional but friendly too. The location is excellent. R. C. Tarvin.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Steven C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
We sincerely thank you for such positive feedback. It makes us all so happy to know that our hard work is paying off, and that we are connecting with our guests. We look forward to our next chance to WOW you.

Thanks again,