“Pretty standard experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Pretty standard experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This property is located just a short drive from the campus of UNC which is where I was going for a wedding. We booked with a special wedding rate of $135/night, but then I took a chance on Hotwire and paid half the price for the room each night. So as far as value, we got a very good deal. Even with paying the wedding rate, it is still a good price for Sheraton.

The lobby is large and clean, and check in was very simple. The front desk was very helpful and friendly both at check in and check out.

The room was pretty standard. We got a room on the third floor, which was a king bed and a chair and ottoman. There is also a desk and chair, and a small fridge and microwave. The coffee machine was nice each morning as I could make the Starbucks brand right in a Starbucks cup and take it on the go.

The bathroom sink area was a bit on the small side which made it hard if my wife and I were getting ready at the same time, or even just to put all of our bathroom supplies out along with the glasses, hairdryer, and tissue box.

It is in a nice quiet area, and we didn't have any issues with noise or anything like that. Our room had a balcony (I believe each room does) which was nice in the evening or to have morning coffee on.

We didn't use the pool, gym, or restaurant, but they have each of those and they seem nice.

Overall I would recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kristopherowens
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to serving you in the future.

N.Khanna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Excellent location between Durham and Chapel Hill. Friendly, efficient service. Club floor and lounge are worth the extra spend. Hotel is clean, well maintained, and excellent value. Definite recommend

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to serving you soon at the Sheraton Chapel Hill.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean & convenient. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
We were given drink vouchers at checkin! It was a hot day 98* and our room would not get cool. At 12am we changed rooms and were given breakfast vouchers! The new room was much nicer and a little cooler but not cold. I think they need to get their AC fixed and hit the showers with a little bleach and than it will be close to a Sheraton I would expect.

Stayed June 2014
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.We take every guest feedback very seriously and want to assure you that the team at the Sheraton Chapel Hill is committed to provide every guest with an excellent experience.

I apologize for you not having a Sheraton experience. I have shared your comments with our engineering and housekeeping team so we can continue to improve our services.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel in May and in June. My 1st stay was great, but I usually don’t take the time to review businesses. However, after a second great stay, I wanted to leave comments and the nice lady at the desk said I should go to Tripadvisor.
I must say everything about this hotel was perfect. I received a very warm welcome when I entered the hotel. The lobby was bright and clean. The man who checked me in seemed sincerely interested in my visit. He told me all about the hotel and wanted to know what else he could do to help me.
Everything from the hallways to the room seemed clean and fresh. The rooms are not huge, but they are large enough and have great features. My room had a balcony overlooking the pool, a large desk, a flat screen TV on the wall, more HD channels than I could count, and a beautiful, gigantic, white King bed. Carpet was much cleaner than other hotels (may have been new).
The bathroom was spotless and bright. I ordered room service for breakfast and the fruit was very fresh and delivered quickly. I ate dinner in the restaurant and the service was very friendly and the food was awesome. I had a steak that was perfect!
Everyone I met was very kind and friendly. My hat’s off to Sheraton, I don’t know how they manage to have EVERYONE provide such a high level of service and quality.

Room Tip: I really liked the pool view, but the other side may be more quite.
Green Features: I received a bunch of points for not using housekeeping. This saves water.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Balthazar B
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Balthazar B,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! Our team at the Sheraton Chapel Hill is very excited with your kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here during Mother's day/Graduation weekend. We loved our room on the first floor. it had a outdoor area where we could have morning coffee/tea right next to the pool. The rooms were very clean, including the bathroom. Because it was UNC graduation weekend we paid quite a bit for the room $200/per night. A bit high, but we expected it. Nice bar and restaurant area. I've stayed here before and would stay here again. It's not in town in Chapel Hill so you do need a car but is very close to everything.

Room Tip: I love that our room had doors that actually opened and were poolside.
Green Features: Don't know about this because I prefer having my sheets and towels changed every day due to a bed bug incident in another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Sheraton Chapel Hill. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you soon.

Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is my second review of this hotel in about six months and the reason is that the first time – in October 2013 I was there for two nights as a guest. This review is of a recent stay of 5 nights for a conference that was fully contained in the hotel and will give a different perspective.

The hotel is not in downtown Chapel Hill (It’s about 5 miles) and there is not much in the immediate area. It is a 15 minute (.75 mile) walk to two groups of shops where you can get food and wine and beer to bring back to your room (mine had a refrigerator). There is a HUGE Whole Foods and a Trader Joe’s). Other than that, there is a McDonalds one block from hotel, a Chinese buffet next door and café in the office building next door.

Because we had over 200 people at our Conference we needed to deal with a quick lunch for attendees as well as breakfast. The hotel catering staff was great to deal with and offered attendees who stayed at the hotel an $8.00 buffet breakfast (with an omelet station) - $10.00 for other attendees as well as a salad bar lunch for $10. If purchased in the morning. This worked great. There is only one restaurant in the hotel. I did not eat dinner there as we had evening receptions. All the food served was tasteful –including our banquet.

The Conference Planning staff was great to deal with and all the front desk staff was as well.
The room I had (343) was fine with plenty of storage space. The bathroom was a bit small – at least around the sink – with not a lot of place to put toiletries. (But this was minor).

If I was in CH for business or pleasure and had a car (free on site parking) I would certainly consider staying here. If I did not have a car and needed to be “in town” I would “think about staying here”. And if I was planning a large Conference – with need for meeting rooms and catering, I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a refrigerator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tmilby, Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Sheraton Chapel Hill. Your 5 star review means a lot to our staff. It is our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to assisting you in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Ted Milby
Director of Rooms
Ridgefield, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here during mothers day weekend and graduations of many area universities. This Sheraton is right off the highway so you really do need a car. It did have (although I did not use it) a nice pool area and a fitness center. You can run outside but not directly on one of raleigh/Durham's lovely running trails. Despite all of the activities going on that weekend our room was pleasantly quite. It was in a good location for us. We were staying here to visit family in Durham and it really is pretty close by to that as well as Chapel Hill.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for reviewing the Sheraton Chapel Hill. I am glad you had a quiet and comfortable stay. My goal is to earn a 5 star review from every guest, so please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay perfect.
Ted Milby