“Mix-up”

Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
“Mix-up”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I had booked and paid for a king room a week in advance, and after checking in after a long ride I was incredibly disappointed to open the door to the room and see two double(maybe full) size beds. Also, it is worth mentioning that the room I was given shared a wall with the elevator shaft which would have made sleeping pretty difficult. After talking with the front desk I was informed that since I had booked and paid through priceline that even though I was promised a king room there was no guarantee. I did get moved to another room away from the elevator and I must say that the front desk was very accommodating, but I was still in a room with two double beds. Kind of unfortunate considering I was travelling with my wife. The hotel is nice and the staff is friendly. Just make sure the room you are given is the one that you paid for.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Jeff H.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please accept our apologies for not meeting your personal preferences on your room type. Our team at Sheraton works hard to deliver a memorable experience for every guest.

Please reach out to me directly at 919-968-4900 if I could be of any assistance.

Nitin K.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Lincroft
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just spent 3 nights here with my two sons and husband for a baseball tournament. It was just average. I had requested a room with a fridge about a month ago, when I booked. When I checked in, all they had for me was an accessible room. That was fine, but it was dingy and some odd features. For example, the bathroom was quite large to accommodate a wheelchair, etc. but other than the smallish sink, there was no counter to put products on. Literally had to put my shaving kit on the floor in order to have room on the sink. I found this very odd. Also, the towels are on a towel bar outside the bathroom. This was also very odd. After showering, the only place to hang my wet towel was outside the bathroom or on the hooks on the door, which were high. Not sure how one in a wheelchair would ever reach. My family does not have special needs so I may be off in my review, if so, I apologize, but logically it makes no sense.

The breakfast buffet was very good. Service was slow, but that may be a northern v. southern thing…we're used to having things move very fast. Getting coffee refills more quickly would have been nice, though.

The lobby was clean and the people at the desk were helpful and friendly. I would not stay here again unless, as was the case this time, the baseball tournament required it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking out the time to write your review of our hotel. Please accept our apologies that you were assigned an accessible room which did not meet your expectations. Sheraton does offer different layouts of rooms with larger counter space in the bathroom. I really hope you give us another chance when visiting Chapel Hill in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 919-968-4900 if I could be of any assistance.

Nitin K.
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Traveling with my son for baseball camps. The hotel was nice, located close to UNC 10 min drive tops. Room was clean, no issues there.
The biggest issue we had was the TV not working. When you travel for sports with a teenage son you wan him to rest when he is not playing. The Hotel has apparently switched to high definition cable but in some rooms the tv is not ready for that. Every time you turn it on cable box has to be reset and the channels reprogrammed. The "engineer" hotel term knows the problem told me the solution is not to shut if off. Good guy asked if I needed anything but I'm going to call him every time.
The positive they were very nice about a late checkout. (I asked for it when I checked in).

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Panos S
tmilby, Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am working with our Engineering Manager to review our records and have our vendor repair or replace this TV.
Your review is very helpful.
Ted Milby
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My son and his bride needed a lovely hotel the night of their wedding and this room filled the bill. The room wasn't huge, in fact it was somewhat small, but it was beautifully outfitted with a balcony, frig and a nice bathroom. The newlyweds were pleased with the accommodation, and I was pleased with the reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. If there is anything we can do to earn a 5 star review for your next stay, please let me know.
Ted Milby,
Director of Rooms.
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have stayed here over the past 15 or so years on a fairly regular basis, including some extended stays. It is a beautiful hotel, with elegant grounds. Most of the rooms have balconies overlooking the pool or garden. It is extremely clean. The staff are excellent, and go out of their way to be helpful. The only downside is that it is about three miles from downtown Chapel Hill. However, the excellent shuttle service makes up for this.

Green Features: Great. They have a green program where you can decline maid service and they will give you a credit.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Chapel Hill. I have shared your encouraging comments with my team.

We truly appreciate your years of loyalty and we hope to serve you for many more years to come.

N. Khanna
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Drove up from Florida for a family reunion on the 4th of July in Chapel Hill and stayed at the Sheraton! The location is fantastic! Shopping and beautiful botanical garden close by along with other Tourist spots, went to see the firework show at Duke Stadium, Kids loved it. The hotel was nice & clean and the staff was friendly warm and accommodating. The restaurant staff was great! The breakfast chef was phenomenal, came out to welcome and greet my family answered any questions we had about the area with a smile & then made us omelettes :) the food was also good. The rooms were spacious ,clean & comfortable. My 93-year-old grandmother even enjoyed her stay. From the swimming pool, gym & clean spacious outside dining terrace with the fountain we really enjoyed our weekend ! Very kid friendly hotel! Most importantly the Wi-Fi and all other amenities worked in the hotel. Will stay there again in the future! And will be looking for the same breakfast chef :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Monica R
Nitin K, General Manager at Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your AMAZING feedback. I am glad you and your family had a good time while staying at the Sheraton Chapel Hill. I shared your kind words with my team and everyone was thrilled with your positive comments.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you and your family soon.

N.Khanna
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked through hotwire and got a terrific price, then ended up getting a room overlooking the pool. Now, this is normally one of my least favorite things in the world HOWEVER my room was quiet.

I also ordered room service which was delicious and delivered quickly.

Overall everything I look for in a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for providing us with your 5 Star rating. We look forward to serving you soon.

N.Khanna