“Great flavor”
Review of EVOS - CLOSED

EVOS
“Great flavor”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I read some of the reviews so I stayed away from the burgers. I had the salmon wrap with peanut butter sauce, air baked fries, and a vanilla shake. Everything I got was FANTASTIC! I was skeptical about the flavored ketchups, but they were also great. My only complaint is the price, but will be back when I'm in Chapel Hill again.

• Visited December 2013

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Something in the air?”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The family and I are always looking for players in the natural-burger, fast-casual category. So we rolled into Evos in Chapel Hill, NC -- a renowned foodie community -- to see how this Florida-based concept compares to some of our favorites. The Evos mission is to make its customer "feel great" about food prepared in a hurry.
By the time we finished our lunch, we felt somewhat confused.
Evos uses a trademarked Airbaking method to cook low-fat, trademarked Airfries. This is a well-intended but futile way of delivering a french fry, we discovered. After about 90 seconds, the heat leaves the fries, as does much of the flavor. They also Airbake their 100% breast meat chicken strips. We didn't try those, choosing instead to go all-in on the Original Steakburger with aged cheddar ($6.28).
In a world where juicy, flavorful, natural, antibiotic- and hormone-free beef burgers are abundant, Evos managed to serve us three overcooked, insanely dry burgers, saved only by a light olive oil mayo. The kitchen apparently did not Airbake these third-pound patties -- but they might have cooked them in a pottery furnace! My teen-ager compensated for the burger's shortcomings by pairing it with a low-fat organic chocolate shake that was declared excellent.
Conceptually, everything Evos is trying to do -- beginning with its Tampa debut in 1994 -- is on trend. But overcooked, flavorless burgers, and organic field green salads ($7.79) pre-tossed and served in plastic bowls with plastic lids, did not make us feel that great, or feel like coming back.

• Visited November 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
“Wish they had more vegan options....”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The staff is always friendly, and I appreciate the free wifi. I do wish the Evos brand would improve their vegan options, both in terms of existing quality and in variety. For being a health/environment conscious company, the veggie burgers seem fairly processed and underwhelming.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Fred G
germany
“Flavor is lacking, but ideas have potential”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

I have lived in Chapel Hill for 3 years and just tried this place. My mom and I stopped in for a late lunch on a Friday. Overall it isn't too bad but there is not much flavor to the food. It is lacking in love. The burger was well prepared and presented, and the fries needed salt. The flavored ketchups are a good idea and help flavor the bland fries. To my surprise the shake had less flavor than the fries. I am a bit skeptical that everything is as organic and healthy as they claim. There are so many other good burger places that offer grass fed everything that offer a little brighter and tastier environment. This isn't the worst place but if there were no other it would still be a safe bet.

• Visited May 2013
Rome, Pennsylvania
“An Upscale Fast Food Place”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We had been here a few times before. It may be best known for its variety of ketchups. The restaurant is extremely clean! They serve burgers, wraps, salads, shakes and today were not crowded when we first arrived. We shared a turkey/avocado wrap, fries, and a cappuccino shake, which might sound strange, but was quite good. It is located conveniently near Trader Joes' which was our next destination.

Visited March 2013