“oh how I love thee”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“oh how I love thee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

let me count the ways....1 ambience, 2 uniqueness, 3 service, 4 WINE!, 5 best cheesemongers, oh I could go on and on. When I want to relax this is were I go, I peruse the aisles and just chill. So many yummy things!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank beachinjeep

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Come here often”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My fiancée and I do a lot of our shopping here. Their coffee and espresso is incredible. Fantastic selection of wine, beer, cheese, and gifts for all occasions. So thankful to live a short drive from here.

Leawood, Kansas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“For Foodies with Finances”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I visit Chapel Hill where I have family and Southern Season has been a regular stop on each trip since 1990. Having lived in Europe for many years, I find that this Foodie's paradise offers many treats from my home across the pond. Starting with the coffee. Their extensive selection is impressive. Are you not sure what you want? They provide samples or you can order a coffee at their new barristo. Breads, cheeses, cold cuts and freshly prepared items are next. There are things that you simply can't get in Kansas City where we live. There is a sandwich area where you can get sandwiches to order. The confectionery department is next on the tour. Handmade chocolates, Dutch licorice, imported chocolates and other treats abound. The wine department is extensive with experts to assist with the selection and prices that represent the high end of the wine spectrum. Next comes the canned goods. This is where we get stuck and where our luggage gets heavy. Everything from jams to hot sauces, from soups to pastas and from mustards to beans. And finally, there is an extensive tableware, basket and cooking equipment departments that carry everything your kitchen addict may ever need.

I love the Southern Season, if for no other reason than to browse and sample the occasional morsel. But their prices our completely out of reason for what you get. Having lived abroad, I know what things cost. A reasonable markup is not what's happening here. Southern Season quite literally gouges its customers. Each time I visit, I swear will be my last time to shop here because I get so angry at the unreasonable pricing. For example, a small jar of Vegemite (Australian Yeast Extract Spread) which sells for $6 at World Market and half that at the grocery stores in Sydney, is priced at $13 at Southern Season. Coffee which sells for $9.99-11.99/lb at the local grocery store is $12.99- 14.99 at A Southern Season.

A Southern Season is a must see place but bring your banker because there are no bargains at this place!

Visited April 2014
Bellevue, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Store”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I went with a friend I visit, we went to this store last year & loved it. My recent trip, we went back. It's a specialty store. They have a nice variety of coffees, teas, the accessories. A large selection of wines, candy, sugar-free too. A deli, bakery, a little place you can eat. They also have a small variety of cheeses, specialty foods. Plus flowers, candles, gifts, glassware & packaged ethnic foods, cookware. Everyone is friendly & helpful. A lot of their products are a bit pricey, but, I always find some good deals.

Visited March 2014
durham nc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Mediocre”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

As a one time resident of Chapel Hill with fond memories of Southern Season. I was looking forward to enjoying lunch with old friends. How disappointed I was.
A gaggle of girls at the host stand barely acknowledged me, fortunately I was able to see the table where my friends were seated, so I seated myself.
In a nutshell- the waiter was condescending and the food was mediocre. Very disappointing.
Won't be back.