“Best Wine Store”

Got a photo?
Add it.
3Cups: Wine, Coffee, Tea
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The best thing about 3Cups is Jay Murray, the wine guy. Everything else flows from that. The employees seem to make a good team, and I enjoy their general offerings, but the wine is first and foremost the reason we go, and Jay has a good reputation as someone who picks good-value estate-bottled wines from excellent small vineyards.

It's like having a restaurant that is so good that it doesn't really matter what you order off the menu because you are going to like it. 3Cups is my "go to" wine place in the area.

Reviewed 1 May 2011

As travelers, we came to 3 Cups just to grab some coffee beans that we can't find in other places. The bags of coffee beans were well-displayed, with plenty of explanation about where they were grown and what the coffee would taste like. I was glad to see the dates they were roasted; it's nice to see how fresh they are.

It was a pretty expensive bill just for 2 pounds of coffee, but how else are you going to get these kinds of beans, and know that they are truly organic, truly ethically sourced? The complimentary French press of coffee they gave us with our purchase was a nice side benefit and allowed us to sit down for twenty minutes and enjoy the atmosphere, which was much more sophisticated than the other cafes I went to in Chapel Hill.

If I were there again, I'd definitely try to attend one of the wine tastings. Best wishes for their business to succeed.

Reviewed 15 January 2009