“Highly Recommend”

Taste Carolina Gourmet Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: What better way to get to know a place and its people than to eat its food? Tour North Carolina's tastiest and most unique restaurants and shops. You'll go behind the scenes to chat with owners and chefs of the best restaurants in town while sampling their amazing food. Tours make 5-6 stops and along the way, you'll learn about the area's history and architecture. Public tours take place every Saturday. Private and custom tours are available. This is a great way to experience a city and feel like an insider!
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I took the Taste Carolina Chapel Hill/Carrboro Dinner and Drinks Tour. We were lucky to have Lesley as our tour guide, and a wonderful group of people to do the tour with. We visited 6 places - including Acme restaurant, Vimala's Indian restaurant, Kipos Greek restaurant (my favorite) and Al's Burger Shack (my husband's favorite), as well as Carrboro Beverage co, and Open Eye Cafe. It was a wonderful afternoon. We learned about the restaurants we visited as well as the local area. It is a walking tour but the walking is broken up by the restaurants you stop at. The food was delicious at every stop and we were completely stuffed by the time the tour was over. Everybody at the restaurants' was welcoming and informative. We loved doing this tour and look forward to doing another in Durham or Raleigh. I highly recommend this as a wonderful way to spend an enjoyable afternoon.

2  Thank Eileen V

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We are a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 teen kids). We had a fun late afternoon with Cat on the Carboro/Chapel Hill tour. She was fun and informative. The food was fantastic and filling. Definitely places we would not have tried on our own. Thanks for adding a special tour for our family. Loved the coffee lesson at the end.

1  Thank Night5
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My wife and I wanted to get to know the Carrboro/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina, and this eating/drinking/history tour seemed a good way to begin. We couldn't be more pleased that we did. Our guides, Jessica and Cat(herine) were knowledgeable and delightful hosts who kept everything in tune as we moved from place to place. The food and drink were even better than we had expected. The food covered a broad spectrum from deli food - a pastrami sandwich with just right Dijon mustard, sauerkraut, and bacon topped sweet potato - to delicious shrimp and monkfish etouffee we never knew could be so flavorful - to a burgermaster's sampling of four tasty, uniquely crafted burgers ("Good is Good, Y'All") - to some of the best home-style Indian food we've had in a while. Drink included a stop at a beer and wine + shop overseen by a connoisseur of beers who provided an education along with refreshing samples, and a unique distillery making some very fine vodka, gin, and whiskey, and overseen by a passionate, "10 megawatt" distiller. We recommend this tour to Y'All.

1  Thank deltavega
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We've foregone buying presents for family members now for two years -everyone much prefers experiential gifts... And for the 2nd year in a row, Taste Carolina was INCREDIBLE. Our tour guide, Adrienne, introduced us to flavors and restaurants that I didn't even know existed in Chapel Hill/Carrboro. What a selection, from French/American to Indian to Southern Kitchen, and from beer tastings to coffee cuppings - what a day! Too bad Adrienne will be heading to New Orleans in 2014 - wish you the best!
But all of the guides we've had at Taste Carolina (Durham & Chapel Hill) are exceptional, they know their cities and the best eateries - next year we'll have to do Raleigh!

Reviewed 13 April 2013

My husband and I took the Taste of Carolina tour in Carrboro and it was outstanding! The food was great; talking to the restaurant owners was very informative and interesting; and the guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. I have multiple food sensitivities and quite honestly, I was wondering what I would eat. But every place made accommodations for me. I had wonderful food that fit within my limitations. Even though we live in Durham and dine out frequently, we went to several places we didn't know existed that we will definitely go back and try. We would do this again and highly recommend it.

2  Thank Cathy D