“Great, upscale Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mint

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mint
Reserve with OpenTable
Mint is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 289 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great, upscale Indian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a great meal on a UNC football game evening. Usually Chapel Hill is too packed to bother venturing into, but Mint took reservations. When we arrived, there were only a few other patrons. By the time we left, the place was packed! To me, that is a good sign. One of my dining companions is an Indian woman (raised in the US) who said this is her favorite Indian place in the area. Food is very good and there is a large selection. Then even have goat, which we did not order. It was bountiful with samosas for appetizers and 3 meats and 1 veggie dish for 4 people. Rice is refilled at no charge. Mint even has some great cocktails like Mango Mojitos and Lemon Drop Martinis. They had a strange specials list which was Xeroxed from a hand written list. Kind of un-classy, but we ordered a curry and it was great. I was soaking up all the sauces with my nann. The service was good, not intrusive. Dishes came out fairly quick, but they did not rush us to order at all. There are some new booths which make it cozier. We were glad the sitar player was not there!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank DanaW873

Brit in NC
“We had a great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife and I had a great meal here. The prices are a little higher than you normally see for an Indian meal but the food quality more than made up for it. The decor could use with a touch-up though. We'll go there again.

• Visited August 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“Sunday Buffet not to miss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Two friends took us to the Mint for Sunday brunch which included just about anything Indian you could ever want. Great entrees and a fruity dessert you won`t want to miss. Excellent meat dishes and a vegetarian would be happy too with all they offer. I especially liked the eggplant mixture to put over rice. Chicken was great too.....but don`t miss that cherry dessert they offer on the hot bar.

• Visited July 2013
Concord, North Carolina
“Never a let-down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

My partner and I have visited Mint twice, and both times we have been beyond impressed. The atmosphere is fantastic, and the food is authentic and fresh. The staff is always very friendly and spends a fair amount of time just talking to you and being welcoming. We are both vegetarians and the options for us are plentiful. I don't have one bad thing to say about this place. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for an authentic Indian restaurant!

• Visited July 2013
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“First taste of Indian...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

...and it will not be my last. The Chicken Tikka Masala is great. Nice friendly staff willing to answer all of our questions about the menu items.

Visited June 2013