I loved this hotel. I was on a mom/daughter (age 9) weekend and was looking for a fun place to stay. This was our first experience at an Aloft hotel. We stayed on the 4th floor facing the back. View was pretty, room was modern and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel is part of East 54 with trendy restaurants and good food steps from the front door. There are walking trails abound, and it's very close to a beautiful supermarket as well as Meadowmont with all of those stores and restaurants too. This hotel is not right in downtown but that was a plus for us. The hotel is nicely laid out and the cool, modern theme is throughout. I found this hotel to be extremely well designed. Even the choices for food seemed exactly right. Breakfast had many more options than I expected (cereals, fresh fruit, granola yogurt, muffins, rolls, and made to order breakfast sandwiches, free coffee). I just loved everything about this hotel. This was a steal of a deal (our best price was off of Travelocity) and while I did pay for parking, the price was still less than the regular hotel price (even at full price with the parking fee, I felt this hotel was a great deal). The beds were very comfortable, the room was a really good size at 315 sq. ft., and the room was amazingly quiet. Probably one of the quietest hotels I have ever slept in (which for me is HUGE plus because I am an amazingly light sleeper). Initially I worried there wasn't a bathroom door (which would have been just a little too modern for me) but laughed when I realized it was a slider on a track. I loved the little amenity kits for sale in the lobby (super clever; useful) for anything from toys to contact lens kits to um..well..um other useful stuff). Note: there is something called Camp Aloft where you can get a cute kid roll bed with cute sheets and a toy but you have to ask for that at the time the reservation is made. Overall, an excellent experience and an incredible value - it presents as a much more expensive hotel. I did not find the lobby loud or crowded. Usually, we were the only people in the pool. We will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aloft Chapel Hill is by UNC's Campus, area universities, Research Triangle Park, and RDU Airport. Our hotel has 1,600sq ft of meeting/event space, free wifi, an indoor pool, and w xyz, a bar/lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aloft Chapel Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Chapel Hill Hotel Chapel Hill
- Aloft Chapel Hill North Carolina