“would have given 5 if not for the street noise”
Review of Aloft Chapel Hill

Aloft Chapel Hill
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Cherokee, North Carolina
“would have given 5 if not for the street noise”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Nice place overall. The WXYZ bar in the lobby has a couple good draft beers on tap and all of the premium liquor brands available. They also have some nice specials on the drink prices. The rooms are very nice, especially the beds which are very comfortable. My only complaint is the street noise was very loud even though I was on the 6th floor. Honestly this did cause me to loose a little bit of sleep. Overall though I would be willing to stay here again because of the great ambiance and amenities.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Hi BirdtownRep,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m glad you had a positive stay and were able to grab a drink at our w xyz bar. I’m sorry to hear that the street noise was loud for you, and apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused. We hope to see you next time you’re in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I had not heard of Aloft before rushing off to a gathering in Chapel Hill. Turns out it is stylish and friendly in its layout. I would have enjoyed staying there by myself. The room was smaller than some hotels, but because it was well designed, it didn't bother me. I loved the factory-turned-loft feel with colorful decorations. I didn't get a chance to try out the nice looking bar, but the food options in the lobby for snacks or breakfast were great - you can put together a healthy, fresh option.

The BEST thing, though, is the pet program. I needed to bring my dog. They don't have a limitation on dog size, like some hotels do - my pup is close to 50 pounds and well behaved and he was a welcome guest. They didn't have a bogus policy against pittie mixes either! We arrived in the room and my pup was happy to find a dog bed and double-dish for his food and water. I brought a sheet to toss over the bed, since the hotel sheets are white and it just made me feel better. When I was staying there, there were something like 10 dogs staying - which the front desk manager said was an unusually high number. Even better for dog-lovers, there is a nice dog park not too far away, near South Village (follow Rt 15/501 South). The hotel staff aren't consistently aware of the park, but you can ask about South Village Shopping area, go past it to the actual park, southern entrance.

I would definitely go back and will check out this hotel chain if I go elsewhere... with or without a dog. Way to go, Starwood!

Room Tip: Let them know ahead of time you are bringing a dog so they can outfit the room. They probably have...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We make a yearly trip to Chapel Hill to visit family and this is our second stay at the Aloft Hotel. This place has one the of the quickest check-ins I've ever experienced we were in and to our room in less than five minutes. The room was clean and well stocked, the bed was comfortable and they supply easy connections to the TV to hook up any devices you may have. The only downside I experienced this time around was a lack of drawer space since this was a longer trip than last time we had more stuff and the small closet area just wasn't large enough but this is a minor issue. I was greeted with a smile ever time I walked past the front desk and by Valet (Which is free with the room). During the day this place seems deserted but at night you can find quite a few people at the bar relaxing and listening to music. The Fitness center and pool were both clean and almost empty when I went. Great place I would recommend and will return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JandLVacations
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Hi JandLVacations,
Thank you for your feedback. I’m pleased to hear that you had a positive experience at our hotel, enjoying our friendly staff in addition to the hotel features and amenities. We appreciate your notes and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area!
asheville, nc
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I will preface by saying I am a dog lover and have several. At a recent stay we booked 4 rooms to attend a family funeral. (no dogs with us) 3 of the rooms were surrounded by dogs - which is ok if you are up for the yipping and barking. But not ok if you have family members with allergies and asthma. After the red swollen eyes, sneezing and headaches, we finally put two and two together. I spoke kindly to the staff at the front desk and recommended they inform their guests giving them an option to have a room away from animals. Their response was to offer me something free for breakfast.

The hotel was modern, staff friendly, and offering some of the best/healthy breakfast purchase items I ever seen in a hotel lobby

Room Tip: If you have any allergies, be sure and ask for a room that has never had dogs or cats, and to be on...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cmem
Cali, Colombia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

If you have not tried an Aloft hotel, I highly recommend that you do. Smart and modern, it is not your typical, stuffy, hotel. But it has excellent and well thought-out service that is perfect for a busy traveler. The rooms are spacious and modern with lots of nice touches. It is really the perfect place to rest and wake fresh after a busy day. The Chapel Hill Aloft is a great example of the chain.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed great.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
USA
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel is dog-friendly, centrally located, and new and clean. I don't think there was anything bad about our stay here, and I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

At first we were worried that we would be required to use the valet parking option, but self-park is free and convenient.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
efleishaker, Guest Relations Manager at Aloft Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hi USA_Super_Traveler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience at our hotel and took advantage of our convenient location. We strive to provide a welcoming environment for all, including any four-legged friends. We hope you stay with us again!
New York City
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I would not give this hotel a bad rating, as it meets basic (definitely not exceptional) standards for cleanliness and service. It was overpriced, the pricing seemingly based on the pretense that you are staying in a cool, loftlike environment. In fact, this is a poorly executed gimmick and not worth the extra money. In fact, my room was smaller than most US hotel rooms I stay when traveling on business. The bathroom sink is the first thing to greet you as soon as you open the door and the toilet is behind a ½ wall. The magazine display made me feel like I was in a doctor’s office. Also, there is no restaurant in the hotel. As an additional aside, though I am a dog lover, there were just too many dogs in the hotel and it made me wonder who was laying all over my bed and blanket the night before I checked in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business