“Our Dog Found No Room for Improvement”
Review of Aloft Chapel Hill

Aloft Chapel Hill
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Asheville
“Our Dog Found No Room for Improvement”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The only reason this isn't 5 stars is due to one thing. The comforter. And that's probably not any fault of the specific location. I feel like this has happened to me at Aloft before. I don't know what it was but we both woke up throughout the night sweating under the covers yet remove the comforter and the room temp was nice and cold to our liking. We just couldn't find a happy medium. Was it some new synthetic fiberfill? Who knows but we both commented on it in the morning. Otherwise the staff was hip and friendly, the breakfast omelette was deliciously prepared, the room from top to bottom was super clean as well as the public areas. We got a very reasonable rate that included parking and breakfast vouchers booking a couple days ahead on their website. And speaking of booking, I'm all for a deal on whatever.com but looking for the lowest rate can cost you in the long run. A free hotel breakfast usually sucks but free internet is always appreciated - and they all follow the same model (everything you want and nothing you don't need.) $75 cleaning fee for a pet at Hyatt Place? How about no charge at Aloft. When we can travel with our dog, we go no where else. You won't feel like you're being hidden away in a dirty dog room at Aloft, rushing through the lobby. We had drinks at the bar with our dog, met some local kids, had breakfast in the lobby with our dog, we even had dinner next door on the outside patio with our dog. This particular Aloft, Chapel Hill is next to a live-work-play development still under construction but the three restaurants already open included Indian, Thai and American and literally steps from the hotel door couldn't have been more convenient.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank filamino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

As soon as you walk in the door, it's clean, crisp and inviting. Also, my dogs were more than welcome. Rooms exceptionally clean! Love it. I would definitely stay at this chain of hotel no matter what city/state I visited.

Room Tip: This is one of the best I ever stayed at.
Green Features: Excellent, a truly green hotel. Definitely a place I would book again
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel is sleek and modern. The room was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. When I need another hotel, I will definitely look for one in this chain. It is only 5 minutes away for Chapel Hill hospital. I had to get a room on very short notice. Making the reservation on line was very easy. The hotel exceeded my expectations.

Outstanding

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Sharon S,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. We are happy you had an easy breezy experience reserving your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations throughout your stay. It’s our pleasure to provide you with outstanding service, and we are glad to hear you had an accommodating visit at our hotel. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again in the future. Take care.
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Got in early for our day to visit Chapel Hill and our room was ready! The hotel is very modern. Our room with two queen beds was spacious enough for the four of us, very clean and beds were very comfortable. Kids loved the floor in the elevator. Complimentary coffee but other food/snacks that were available was a la carte. Didn't make use of other amenities such as the lobby bar, fitness room or pool as we were out and about most of the day but would definitely stay at another aloft again in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I came from Texas to go with my friend and her daughter to a dr appt at Duke cancer center. My husband called on Saturday to make a reservation for me for two nights- Sunday and Monday - so we didn't have to have three of us in one room- I heard my husband on the phone say one person for two nights. They sent a confirmation email, which I did not open but saved for my confirmation number. While we were gone for the day, I had a phone message and then an email saying they were checking me out of my room. WTH?? They said my Rez was for one night only. When I read the email confirmation, it said reservation for One NIGHT and TWO people. Aloft said they could not have made the reservation because it was Sold out tonight. Thus, saying they made no mistake. The most infuriating thing was that they refused to take responsibility for their apparent error saying it was impossible their central reservations could not have made an error. Fess up and try to make amends. They said they would help me make a Rez somewhere else. No thank you - I don't need your help, just admit your mistake. That's my rant for their customer service. As for the hotel room - very average, nothing special. My room and the hallway had water damage in the ceiling that had just been painted over. For the money, I would prefer a Marriott Courtyard or Holiday Inn express. This was my first and last time staying at an Aloft.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank MGWILD
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear MGWILD,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We take our guest reviews very seriously and are sorry for the confusion in regards to your reservation. Our General Manager would love the opportunity to amend your experience. Should you like to further discuss your stay, please contact Caesar Swift at Caesar.Swift@interstatehotels.com. Again, we are very sorry you were disappointed, and we hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again in the future. All the best.
West Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 August 2014

After being on the road for a week at a residence inn, this place was literally a breath of fresh air. Nice room, clean and well appointed (a REAL hair dryer) with comfortable beds. I agree with other reviewers that charging for parking was really bad form. We used Sheraton points.

Nice access to University of NC, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed for a few days while our kids attended Carolina basketball camp. Staff was pleasant & the property is conveniently located near a grocery store, pharmacy, restaurants and grassy areas perfect for walking dogs. Pet bowls and a bed were provided for our puppy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear PinkChocolateBeach,
We loved having you and your dog stay with us and are glad to hear you loved your stay. Thank you for your review, and we hope you and your family had a blast at the Carolina basketball camp! All the best.