“Good Italian food ...”

Add it.
Carmine's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We went to Carmine's right after opening on a Sunday and had a really nice experience. There was only one other couple when we arrived and we were promptly seated. Whenever I got to an Italian restaurant for the first time, I always judge things by the gnocchi. Well, Carmine's passed with flying colors. I got the gnocchi with pesto cream sauce and it was delicious. We also ordered the garlic bread and that was tasty too (especially when I dipped it in the pesto sauce).

Service was absolutely fantastic. Our waiter, Kendall, is one of the best waiters I've ever had and we made sure management knew about it.

Overall, good portion sizes, good food but just a touch on the pricey side. That said, we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Carmines is our Go to Italian restaurant in the winter. The place is nice and cosy and the pizza is hot and the servers are eager to please. Hard to find as it is hidden in a little corner off the main part of East Gate Mall. If you are facing Stein Mart, go to your right down the alley and there it is.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

We love this place tucked away in the corner of a strip mall. I'm very picky about my marinara sauce (I don't like a lot of spices in it) and theirs is just perfect in their lasagna. My husband always gets the Chicken Parmesan and says it's one of the best he's had. The people there are great too. We are Duke fans so we are always wearing Duke t-shirts and they never kid us (even when Duke has lost to UNC).
:-)

1  Thank cheryl h
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I ate here on Sunday night 10/14 with a group of about 25 family members. The restaurant had been notified to expect us so you think they would have enough staff to handle us as well as their few other customers. One of our family had to help the lone waiter taking orders while he got drinks. The food was OK...nothing special. A couple people ordered pizza which looked like the best choice.I heard this used to be a simple pizza place but was sold and the new owner changed the menu.Something isn't working.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Family owned and operated. Food features fresh ingredients. Great spot for family dining at reasonable prices.

Calamari appetizor was some of the best ever with a fresh sauce. The bruschetta was excellent: a delightful bright marinated diced tomato and basil mix marinated in balsamic vinegar served on VERY thick triangles of bread.

The very tender chicken piccata was perfect with just the right amount of lemen, not overpowering like it is at many restaurants. Served with angel hair pasta and lots of capers. One of the best I have ever had.

Chicken parm was also excellent, lots of cheese and a nice homemade Marinara. The spaghetti it came with was very thick and next time I think we would go with another type of pasta. The kids enjoyed a personal meat lovers pizza that was loaded with pepperoni and sausage and ample cheese. The seafood canalloni in a pink cream (vodka?) sauce was also very good but not as large a serving. Son says the Baked Ziti with meat sauce was average.

Service was slow at the start and end but attentive during the meal service.

Located in Eastgate Mall in Chapel Hill adjoining SteinMart.