“Smart move by Archira!”

Add it.
Archira Thai and Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The deli across from the Archira has closed so they posted their menu on the door. We deceided to give them a try.WOW. The lunch Tai specials were great. My wife loved the chicken and broccili-not too spicy. I had the Beef stir fry-nice and spicy. Also enjoyed their ginger dressing on the salad. Not busy yet staff was still attentive to our needs. Sometimes when it is slow the staff just gives up. NOT HERE!. Thanks for a great lunch. We will be back!

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Great service and an amazing seafood salad. Had it a year ago and had it again yesterday. My sis had the vegetarian curry and loved it. Prices are fair and I think the emptiness speaks to the fact it's hidden from 54 and general traffic. You have to turn into what essentially looks like a group of condos (East Village, off Hwy 54) to get to this hidden treasure. Good service. Check it out. Much better than other Thai in Chapel Hill.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stumbled across this place quite by accident since our GPS didn't get the job done on finding the one we were looking for. My wife spotted this one as we circled the parking lot looking for our destination (it was nearby). We mentioned this when we arrived at Archira and our hostess/waitress offered to look up the spot we were looking for on their computer, but since they served Thai and the ambiance seemed nice, we decided to try Archira.

My wife and I both ordered a mixed vegetable/tofu dish, which turned out to be excellent. The chef prepared hers with chicken, however, and the waitress corrected the error without checking to see if the chicken would have been acceptable to my wife, which it would have been, and that resulted in her dish being served when I was halfway through my dinner. Don't get the wrong impression, though. Our service by our waitress was outstanding, and this delay was only a minor problem for us.

The restaurant appears to be relatively new, and the clean, attractive decor and quiet atmosphere were very enjoyable. Another diner answered her cell phone and was politely and quietly requested to adjust it to vibrate so as not to disturb other patrons.

I feel as if there may be a better choice for Thai dining in Chapel Hill, but Archira was good enough that we would definitely return sometime.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I met another couple for dinner here on a Sunday evening. This was our third visit to the restaurant. For appetizers, we had the "healthy rolls"-- which are like summer rolls in Vietnamese restaurants--and the chicken lettuce wraps. Both were delicious. There were two summer rolls cut in half and enough lettuce and filling for each of us to have one wrap. For entrees, three of us had something from their "specials" board, red snapper and soft shell crabs. My husband had the Snapper with Three Flavors, and it was incredibly delicious. It was much better than my soft shell crabs that were slightly burned and the sauce was over-powering. The other couple seemed to enjoy their Pad Thai and Ginger Snapper.

In past visits we have had the Red Curry Duck which was very good, and different sushi rolls, all very tasty. Overall, I think the food is very good with substantial portions, compared to other Thai restaurants in the area. But I think it is also a little pricier with entrees starting at $14 and appetizers starting at $8. For the price, you also get a much more upscale atmosphere. The space is very modern and calming and feels more like a nice dinner out. They also cater.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

The place was empty on a Saturday evening (7:30 PM). We were the only people dining there. The tables are somewhat small and cluttered so not much place for food plates when they arrive. Prices are okay and the food is okay too. Nothing that stands out. The tom yum was a bit bland. We asked for some spicy sauce to heat things up a bit. The lettuce wraps and potstickers were excellent.