I've stayed here twice for business, and, if returning to the area I would stay here again. The times I have stayed here I really have had no issue. Beds are comfortable, staff is extremely friendly, rooms are nice, breakfast is - eh, and for the price of the rooms I would say it is worth it.
During the previous stay at this hotel I did have a room across from the elevator which was also adjacent to the elevators machine room. I didnt have a problem with the noise of traffic from people using the elevator or from it running, but if you are a light sleeper that could be an issue. I was also warned by the staff before they gave me the room so I knew what I was getting into. And the noise really wasn't that bad - but just something to be aware of.
I cant really speak of how great the location is because I didnt get to venture out too far. But it does seem like you'd have to have a car if you want to go anywhere to do fun things. Within walking distance there is a plaza with some pretty good restaurants which you will need to go to since there is no restaurant at the hotel. Also, there is a great comic book shop in that plaza if you need to get you fix of all things awesome.
Overall, I would say its a decent hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 2 miles from the University of North Carolina and downtown Franklin Street's shopping and dining district the Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill is your home away from home for all of your Tar Heel needs . With our excellent customer service, southern hospitality and Manager's Reception Tuesday Thursdays your experience with us will make you a fan for life. All 64 of our beautiful spacious guest rooms are equipped with micro-fridges and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Some of our other features include a complimentary deluxe hot breakfast, 24 hour business center, local shuttle service, meeting space that accommodates up to 40 people, 24 hour fitness room, complimentary access to an off site full service gym and free guest/motor coach parking. For your convenience we are located only minutes away from UNC Hospitals, the Friday Center, Quadrangle Business Park, Research Triangle Park (RTP), the Dean Dome, the Carolina Basketball Museum (opened January 2008) Keenan Stadium, Finley Golf Course, Raleigh Durham International Airport, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Duke University, Duke Hospitals, Streets of South Point Mall, the Durham Bulls Stadium, Carter Finley Stadium and the RBC Center home of the Carolina Hurricanes.No matter what brings you to Chapel Hill we're sure your experience with the Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill will exceed all of your expectations. We can t wait to be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill Hotel Chapel Hill
- Holiday Inn Chapel Hill
- Chapel Hill Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill North Carolina