“Medical Purpose Visit”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
midway, ga
“Medical Purpose Visit”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our stay was not for pleasure, but for medical reasons. Vincent, the Holiday Inn Express rep with central reservations who booked my reservation was extremely helpful in obtaining a medical rate for our required two day stay. The front desk staff, (Jed, and Clifton), was very friendly and helpful. Although the room was very clean, we always prefer to do our own sanitizing due to medical requirements and the staff was nice enough to furnish us with towels and such upon our request. The breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn fare, and was well stocked, although the breakfast room seemed a bit smaller than some we've visited (eat early to avoid crowd). Everyone seemed willing to go out of there way to make us feel welcome. Parking was adequate, although a little tight when circling to go under the registration entrance. The hotel is hard to spot since there is no Holiday Inn Express entrance sign. (Use the Hampton Inn entrance sign and take first left). There was one small inconvenience (the room key had to be re-keyed prior to check out time), but overall, we were pleased with our stay and will use it again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Alvin S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Please accept our positive thoughts towards the improvement of your medical situation. We pride ourselves on giving great service and a great product to all of our guests. We hope to see you again on a leisure visit to our property!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Again and again....the staff is excellent,...so friendly, yet professional...always greets me by name and wants to make sure I am comfortable.....the cookies that bake in the afternoons makes me feel like a home away from home...can not say enough good about MY HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS, and Orlando Faison, the Manager is wonderful!!

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms away from the highway...but really there is little to no noise that comes through...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NoahsMom83
Alvin S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Thank you so much for your great review from all of the staff. We want all of our guests to have a wonderful stay and we are so happy when we accomplish our goals! I hope to see you again soon and thank you for being a loyal guest.
Hershey, PA
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed here as part of a travel with family for visit to colleges and to visit family . Hotel is clean but nothing special. Breakfast was average, pool was attached to the Hampton inn next door. There are no restaurants within walking distance. Overall average

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We take all feedback to heart and will work on improvements for all of our guests. We want your stay to be above average. Please contact me to let me know what else we could have done to enhance your stay.
Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2013

To be fair, let me start out by saying that I stayed at this motel from July 4 - 7 during a very busy holiday. This is not my first time at this hotel. I usually stay here twice a year (alternating between this one and the one next to it) and have never had a bad experience. Up until this most recent visit, I liked this motel due to their great morning breakfast. There was ONE, very young girl working breakfast over this holiday. The morning of the 5th, I went down at 6:30 for breakfast and everything was great. On the 6th, my family and I went down at 8:00 for breakfast. There was coffee and ONE bagel left (seriously, nothing else). I ate the bagel. Not sure what the 20 people behind me did. All tables were filled and we went up to our room for me to drink my coffee and eat my bagel. We got breakfast elsewhere. On the 7th, my family went down at 8:30. There was NO coffee. The girl brought out "hot food" and it went to the people who were sitting at the tables already waiting. I went to the pancake machine and it spit out one pancake and was out of batter. I told the girl and she worked on the pancake machine for 25 minutes while there were NO muffins, hot food, coffee, etc. Everyone was complaining and leaving to eat elsewhere. Very bad start to two days! There needed to be at least two more people working breakfast. There are only 15 chairs for people to sit and eat breakfast.
Also, just for those reading this, do not be deceived by the website stating "pool". Notice it says "pool available". There IS NOT a pool at this motel. However, there is a motel next to it that has a pool. This motel has some sort of deal with the other motel that allows its guests to use that pool. It is a very short walk to the pool next door. IN addition, I had a "coupon" this time for this motel. It stated that it could not be used during holidays. I thought that meant that the rate for the actual holiday, the 4th, would cost more. I thought that I would be able to use it for the rest of the week. The girl at the desk informed me that "holiday" meant from the 4th through the rest of the week. Therefore none of my days were discounted which was a disappointment. This motel is very clean, safe, and in a quiet location. One exit on Hwy. 40 in each direction takes you to LOTS of eating places and shopping. Nice computer area with printer.

Room Tip: Took off of service due to breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Alvin S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Thank you for alerting us to the issue regarding the breakfast and please know that this is not acceptable. We have since made some changes in the procedures and this will not happen again. We hope you will come back and give us another try to make your stay wonderful!
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three times for business, and each stay has been excellent. This particular stay was July 2013. The staff is consistently very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Rooms are very clean, modern, and quiet. AC worked extremely well. As we are traveling with more and more gadgets these days, abundant electrical outlets are appreciated. My room had plenty of outlets right where I needed them. Free breakfast was the typical fare for HIExpress and was quite good. Nothing at all negative to say about this location. I'll continue to stay here if my business travels bring me back to Chapel Hill.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
upstate NY
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Service and staff are excellent at the HI Express. Good location just off the highway and about 10 min from UNC. Rooms are very nice with refrig and microwave. The only complaint is the A/C system which often felt very cold when set at 73, but felt warm at 68. It was impossible to get the room at a level temperature. Thermostat must have not been working correctly.

• Stayed July 2013
Dobbs Ferry, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My family stayed at the Holiday Inn which is right near a small strip mall and another small mall with restaurants. It was just 5 minutes from Univ of North Carolina where my daughter was possibly looking for college. Service at the desk was excellent and the rooms were small but just fine. The breakfast waas surprisingly good. The price was definitely right and so it was a great value to stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Alvin S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy that we were able to provide a good stay with good value for you. Please come back to visit us again when you are in the area!