“Excellent room and service”

Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Janeer was incredible - she was there when we checked in at 6pm and when we checked out at 10am. She must be one of those people who does not sleep and just wants you to have a great stay. She gave us cookies, Le Bleu premium water, and a great room. Silva made sure we had all we wanted at breakfast (eggs, sausage, pancakes, biscuits, gravy, fruit, etc., etc. and their great coffee and juice). We will be back!!!

Room Tip: If you close the inside curtains you will need to set your alarm because the light will not wake you...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank buttersmoke
Katherine C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. It was wonderful reading your review as we strive daily to present the absolute best in product, service and experience and it's wonderful to see it come together for our guests. Janeer was so happy to read your comments that she had personally had the opportunity to make your experience wonderful. I hope if your travels bring you back to the area, you will again choose us for your accommodations.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed on night at this hotel and enjoyed the spacious room and modern and clean décor. Staff was very professional and breakfast which is included was quite good. Sausage and omelets as well as cereal, fruit, yogurts and assorted breads and pastries. Great shower and again very clean and also quite. Close to Chapel Hill and just off I-40. Needs a more prominent sign but it is next to the Hampton Inn so if you see their sign that is where to pull in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Tim S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for the compliments of our rooms and staff. We strive to be the best and make your stay as nice and comfortable as possible. Also thank you for bringing the signage issue to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you and will do something about it.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed for two nights at this location our room was very spacious, clean and the decor was all together of good taste. The staff is extremely friendly and hospitable; the continental breakfast has a great selection to choose from [not just cereal and milk] its a hearty breakfast to include fresh fruit, juices, sausage & eggs w/ bagels etc. We overbooked for an extra day but was promptly refunded upon checkout. If ever we're in town again we would definitely revisit this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was 401 an end unit which was very spacious, however it is right next to the elevator which...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing and staying with us. We appreciate your wonderful feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was very good, beds comfortable, had a refrig and microwave. Great shower. The breakfast had a variety of foods. Liked the pancake maker. A very clean hotel. The location was convenient. They need to have a sign, missed the hotel at first. Would stay there the next time I'm in Chapel Hill.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs such as having a microwave and a fridge. We are sorry about the signage issue and will work on it. Hope you choose us again for your next stay in Chapel Hill.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed here for six nights. The hotel staff was friendly. The hotel was clean. Breakfast was the average HIE fare. While nothing stuck out in my mind as bad. It was an Average stay. A nice hotel for business commuting. No pool though. Not that I needed one. The only thing keeping this for 4 stars or more, is the staff bending over backwards to accommodate.And the cleaning lady taking my old newspaper copies and swamping them out for current ones :) * tis a joke* I did not request or need anything. So it was just average. I am sure if i did , they would have pulled through. The hotel was clean, well kept, everything that is expected of an HIE chain.

Room Tip: Cheapest place i could find near Carrboro
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chapel Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Tony K,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm glad to hear you found our staff agent to be friendly. We are proud of our staff. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I booked my reservation through the Holiday Inn Express website. My plans were not firm so I purposely did not select the pre-paid room option which cost less. When I made my reservation, I was very pleased that the website said "We understand that sometimes your travel plans change. We do not charge a change or cancel fee." Ultimately I had to cancel my reservation five days ahead of the stay (within the cancellation timeframe). I was shocked to find that I am still being charged for a night's stay because this Chapel Hill location has policy of charging for any cancellation after the reservation is made. This was stated in fine print on the reservations web site but it was not obvious and I am certain I am not the first person not to catch this restriction. This is not reasonable and is very misleading. So far the main Holiday Inn Express has responded by saying they appreciate my business and look forward to working with me in the future. I would urge anyone considering this hotel to be very cautious about making online reservations because their policies are not the industry norm and are unclear and misleading.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Elizabeth T,

Firstly let me offer my sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, and hopefully on such occasion we can start to rebuild your trust in our hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Room was excellent and clean. The Clerk was professional both at check-in and check-out. Breakfast really good and fresh. Really good selection of food. Coffee great. Maid service excellent.The hotel was easy to find and in a good location. It was located were we needed i,.t close to the Medical Building. Thanks for the late check-out for my wife had to have procedure done with an appointment time of 3:30 pm.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. It makes us happy to hear that your stay with us was wonderful. We are glad you enjoyed every bit and that is exactly what we strive to do.