“Good neighborhood eats”

Bean and Barrel
Ranked #54 of 289 Restaurants in Chapel Hill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chapel Hill, Nc, Usa
“Good neighborhood eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Bean and Barrell is a good place for a glass of wine, lunch, coffee or light dinner. We frequent the dinner service often after work and the service is great as is the food. The owners are usually on site and are very helpful and enjoyable. The waitstaff remind me of Cheers where "everybody knows your name". Give it a try, you'll come back again.

• Visited June 2014

Chesapeake
“The Bean And Barrel Great coffee great place to meet friends.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is such a nice little place to have great fun and good fun with your friends. Tucked away in the shopping center across from the Governor's Club the chef is use to serving up scale customers with great quality food.

Visited October 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Daily Specals to Die For...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Once again, our favorite Friday night dinner spot met our expectations and then some. My favorite wait, Lyle, was working and I always look to him to give me a recommendation on the daily special. Chef Sam's special last night was Beer-Braised Pork Ragu over Polenta. Lyle definitely recommended it, and that was good enough for me! I could not have been happier. It was a hearty dish served with big chunks of lean pork, tender enough that they shredded beautifully. The sauce was rick and fabulous, I could feel virtuous about eating a few sauteed vegetables, and it was served over polenta. It was a large dish, enough to take a small portion home for lunch today, yum!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank mawindle
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Our typical Friday night dining spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We regularly go to Bean and Barrel on Friday evenings. Chef Sam's special of the day is typically very good. Last Friday's special was grilled salmon, Dauphine potatoes, broccoli with a lovely light sauce with red peppercorns. Everything was prepared well, most especially the salmon, and the Dauphine potatoes were to die for. They were so beautifully crispy on the outside with smooth potato and spices on the inside. I generally forget to snap a picture (this drives my husband crazy...that I want to photo my food before eating it), but not this time, so check it out. All the wait staff is very friendly, and we enjoy being regulars!

Visited August 2013
outside Atlanta, GA
“Just OK, would not try again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We had lunch here with another couple on break from a meeting. We sat outside as the weather was wonderful. I had a salad with strawberries and my husband had the club. Both were fine. Nothing great, and it was not overpriced, but it wasn't anything really excellent. They were training that day so service was a little worse than average, but the manager was very kind and quick to help when we had an issue. The avocado and pea chilled soup was almost really good, but it lacked seasonings and a topping like sour cream or creme fraiche.

Visited May 2013