“A great Hampton Inn, would stay again”

Hampton Inn and Suites Chapel Hill / Durham Area
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
outside Atlanta, GA
“A great Hampton Inn, would stay again”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed here for a weekend retreat. This location was located conveniently to the interstate, tucked back in behind a couple of other hotels.

We arrived on a Thursday evening, late, and I reserved a King Suite. We were in room 323, which is all the way at the far end of the hallway, the other end of the hotel, next to an elevator that thoughtfully only runs between 7 AM and 9 PM. The room was adequate for our needs. Having stayed at a Hampton Inn before the fresh duvets are very nice because you know they've been freshly washed. However, our duvet every night was verrrry lumpy - like our daughter's stuffed animals were under every square. It was kind of funny, but the covers were definitely lumpy. The room itself is showing a little sign of wear - chips in the tub, a couple of wall marks in the bathroom and the dresser drove us batty. Top drawer in bedroom would not close if there were clothes in it. We'd close it, and it would open itself, over and over again. Also kind of funny.

Living/kitchen was very nice. If I had one request in the kitchen it would be to turn the fridge/freezer doors to the other side. They opened from the wall and were hard to get into.

Breakfast was pretty standard fare. Normal Hampton Inn offerings, which were just fine. I really like the big counter/table in the lounge area for just chilling out.

I would like to see the manager's receptions offered on days OTHER than Tuesday and Wednesday. And one night there were cookies at 5:30 (Friday night) but the other nights there weren't - which I didn't understand why.

Also want to add there was a huge wedding there that weekend and they didn't bother/interfere with us a bit. The management on this hotel is good. Would stay again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I arrived at 1 a.m. Monday, May 13 for a week-long class at UNC that began that same day. I called ahead to mention I would be arriving late from Charlotte, and the staff could not have responded better. Lavar, the front-desk attendant, checked me in quickly, scheduled a wake-up call and handed me an extra blanket and pillow — just in case I got cold and didn't want to make the trek downstairs to ask for them.

The quality of service continued to defy my expectations throughout the week. Each morning the complimentary breakfast buffet was robust, with different items. The front-desk staff always was quick to say hello and offer tips to make my stay more pleasant.

I stayed in a suite, which was huge! Yes, the room could use some updating, but it was very comfortable. The kitchen came in handy — particularly the full-size refrigerator. I did notice when I sat in the living-room area that it was very easy to hear what was going on in the hallway, but that didn't bother me. Wish the air-conditioning system had been a little more quiet, but that's the only possible complaint I could muster for this property.

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a suite. In my case, it was only $10 more per night — and completely worth it. My room was n...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Chapel Hill
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Over all I had a good experience. Breakfast was good. The Tuesday and Wednesday evening beer, wine and snacks were adequate. The exercise room had a couple of tread mills, a recumbent bike, elipitical trainer (squeeky) and hand weights. Next time I will request a room further away from the elevator and ice machine.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Washington, NC, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Going into this hotel stay we already had favorable impressions of the Hampton Inn Chain by and large but our recent stay in Chapel Hill both in terms of facility and service was exceptional. Nice local touches in lobby art paired with HD big screens, easy access wifi, friendly and professional service of ALL the staff and late checkout of noon made this worth a return trip in the near future

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I recognize that all businesses like to take advantage of opportunities ~ charging over $200 per night(+tax) for a room seems like price gouging. I chose to stay at this hotel because the parents of the graduate would be there. Was there any extra value added such as shuttle service to a park & ride site ~ no. There was no added value to staying at this hotel.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Twelve of our family members stayed here for the UNC Class of 2013 graduation weekend. It was a great hotel. First, the manager was super in helping us fix our reservations when we had gotten the dates mixed up! He handled it personally. Next, throughout the weekend the hotel had graduation events -- Friday night there was a complimentary beer and wine reception, Saturday and Sunday mornings had special complimentary breakfast spreads, Saturday afternoon there were complimentary grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for lunch, and Sunday afternoon there was ice cream and cake. The big gathering area was great for the 12 of us to hang out and visit. All of the staff was friendly and helpful. We had a great weekend!

Room Tip: The rooms with 2 Queen beds are great for those of us with grown children.
Chapel Hill, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Gem of a hotel ! Staff members were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fine. 24-hour coffee and tea~~ (Great not having to dash across some busy street to get fast food coffee in the evening, as I have done while staying at other hotels in the past !). They have a shuttle, although we did not require this service. Rooms were nice and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro
Residence Inn Chapel Hill
Residence Inn Chapel Hill
#7 of 18 in Chapel Hill

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chapel Hill / Durham Area? Share your experiences!