“Very nice stay”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Chapel Hill
United States
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We really enjoyed the friendly service. The staff was very outgoing! What a wonderful breakfast! Great free wine and beer and snacks prior to the dinner hour also! I had only one problem, the a/c doesn't regulate well in the room. I finally figured out the setting the last night we were there. We set it at 74% and then it turned off and on without freezing us when it was on. But I think a lot of hotels I've ever stayed at have the same problem. :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Katherine C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chapel Hill / Durham Area, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel and for choosing us for your accommodations. I am sharing your review with our staff and assuring that we pay closer attention to details regarding the inconvenience you experienced. We appreciate your support and hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Parrish
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The staff were very professional and the accommodations were above average. The free breakfast was fresh with a wide range of options to choose. What made this stay at the Hampton Inn was one particular clerk named Lavar. He was the most gracious and compassionate person. My husband & I were in town to visit a very ill family member in the hospital nearby. Lavar took the time to listen which people just don't do anymore. He made me see there still is kindness to be found even in this fast paced world we live in. If Undercover Boss would go to this Hampton Inn Lavar would be the face of what this company would be portrayed as. He is a genuine asset and I thank him for his compassion. Elaine Parrish, Fl

Room Tip: The suites have kitchen accommodations for families
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elaine K
Katherine C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chapel Hill / Durham Area, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. We are very proud of our team and appreciate your compliments of them! Lavar is great and is a huge asset to our team, he is amazing at connecting with our guests and we are very lucky to have him on our team. . I am glad he made you see there still is kindness to be found even in this fast paced world we live in. It will be my pleasure to share your beautiful comments with the team. Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn Chapel Hill.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights over Easter week. Book ahead, it is a very popular hotel and often fully booked. Very clean, helpful desk personnel, business center, and conveniently located. Breakfast each day is varied and Happy Hour 2x a week was a great surprise. We also had to use the urgent care next door, which was convenient. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a suite w/kitchenette, full refridge, microwave, king bed, fold-out sofa, table and chairs on...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brycehiker
Thank you for your review and for choosing us for your accommodations. I am glad to read you enjoyed your experience and took advantage of the many amenities offered at the property. It was wonderful reading your review as we strive daily to present the absolute best in product, service and experience and it's wonderful to see it come together for our guests. I hope if your travels bring you back to the area, you will again choose us for your accommodations.
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have 2 small boys and stay at Hampton Inn's frequently. Our room itself was relatively clean (although we found the maid's phone charging in our room one day on my husband's charger)... however we were actually really disappointed with the hotel front desk staff. We asked for ideas for kid friendly things to do in the area and they printed out a bogus list of Event Happenings that day - none were kid appealing. Housekeeping didn't leave us an extra roll of toilet paper in our room, and when I asked the front desk for a roll the woman at the front desk asked me why I needed it! The women's bathroom in the hotel lobby hadn't been cleaned for 2 days - I told the front desk on day 2 and they said they would take care of it. On Day 3 it was STILL dirty - it was very obvious the toilets were NOT cleaned!!! Finally someone else at the front desk got it taken care of. The hotel itself is nowhere near downtown Chapel Hill - it's about a 10 minute car drive, sometimes more with traffic. We asked for the hotel shuttle service to drive us to dinner one night (we were told at check in this was a complimentary service) and they said there was no staff available to drive the van, they had to go home early that night. Seems like the hotel in general is really understaffed - it felt like we were an unwelcome interruption...and this location Farrington Road is not convenient if you want to be right in the heart of things. The Carrboro Hampton Inn seemed to be a much more convenient location. I would not stay at this particular Hampton Inn again and in fact, I would consider a different chain altogether...lots of options in Chapel Hill.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Katherine C, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chapel Hill / Durham Area, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Let me first apologize for the inconvenience experienced as this is completely unacceptable and as others whom have experienced our hotel know, we are better than this. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and I am sorry to read that we did not live up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I will be sharing your review with the front office and housekeeping staff and will have corrective measures put into place.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your experiences you encountered during your stay.

I do hope you would give us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, and hopefully on such occasion we can start to rebuild your trust in our hotel. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and if you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a work conference. The staff were amazing from the moment we walked in. Everyday Patrick went out of his way to greet us and ensure we had everything we needed. Sofi was our shuttle driver and front desk rep and was pleasant and smiling at all times. The rooms were very clean and the beds were a fantastic experience...slept like a baby. The shuttle was a huge help when we wanted to go downtown, to the mall and of course our conference at the college. I would definitely stay here again. They have a great team.

1 Thank S P
Katherine C, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Chapel Hill / Durham Area, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property! We pride ourselves on having some of the best staff in Chapel Hill . Patrick and Sofi play such a large part in making a guest's experience a positive one. Our courtesy shuttle is one of our most popular amenities. We try to have many options available to be sure that we meet the needs of every guest - whatever it may be! I hope you also took advantage of our complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Chapel Hill. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Falls Church, VA
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was just a quick overnight trip to the Chapel Hill/Durham area, but enough time to form a very positive impression of this Hampton Inn. Comfortable and spotless room, could adjust the A/C so that it's wasn't igloo-cold during warm weather, complimentary wi-fi worked faultlessly, and there was plenty of drawer space for travelers staying longer. Also a mini-refrigerator (not a mini-bar). Nice shower and toiletries and enough towels. The included hot breakfast buffet was a cut above what is offered in similar hotels -- beyond the make-you-own waffle option, there was fresh fruit, replenished when it got low, mini-cheese omelets, cooked oatmeal, and two or three coffee choices, also available throughout the day. The breakfast room is bright, high-ceilinged and spacious -- very pleasant place to start the day.

The property is on a side road off the main road -- no traffic noise. It shares an entrance with a Holiday Inn and is tucked behind it. Attractive landscaping -- the turtle pond is actually on the Holiday Inn property, and while I guess the turtles were on break when I walked over, there were countless big tadpoles to see just under the surface. As has been mentioned, you do need your car to drive to restaurants and other services, but anything we needed was a quick drive.

I definitely would stay at this hotel again when in the area. Excellent value. We needed an extra hour before checkout, and it was no problem. The only improvement I can suggest would be brighter bulbs in the lights by the bed. But the light is fine at the desk and by the comfortable reading chair/ottoman.

1 Thank mermaid86
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property - and such nice comments! I am so happy to hear that we have not only exceeded your expectations but in doing so, you became a repeat guest! I feel we are very lucky to have an amazing staff. We work very hard - from housekeeping to management - to make sure that every room is cleaned and every guest has the best experience possible. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Chapel Hill and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip!
Chapel Hill/Durham, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for five days for business purpose. The staff on duty during arrival and departure processes were excellent and very helpful. The hotel provided shuttle services to conference centre and also to other nearby places. Very statisfied with my stay at this hotel. The only limitation is that very few restuarants are in this area (mainly fast food).

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Sekar R
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. We are very fortunate to have some of the best staff in Chapel Hill. They are extremely knowledgeable about their area and would love to give great recommendations to local restaurants. I see you took advantage of our courtesy shuttle - one of the many amenities we offer to our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Chapel Hill. Thank you again for choosing our hotel as your home away from home.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chapel Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Chapel Hill/Carrboro
Residence Inn Chapel Hill
Residence Inn Chapel Hill
#7 of 18 in Chapel Hill

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Chapel Hill / Durham Area? Share your experiences!