“I always want it to be good, but it always disappoints.”

Tedesco's Restaurant and Pizzeria
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Lusaka
“I always want it to be good, but it always disappoints.”
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

food is pretty good. Service is awful. We live nearby and want it to be our neighborhood place but we get consistently bad service. too bad because we'd like to support

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Food and Service are Great. Price, too”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

This isn't a five-star restaurant, but the food is very good, the service is very friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere is comfortable, so I give it a high rating. The waiter treated us like a friend, offered good suggestions, and was generally quite affable. My son had recommended the place to me, and I'm pleased that he did. The food is much better than I'd expect for the price, and with the size of the portions, you're not likely to leave hungry.

• Visited December 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Really, Really Bad....”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We went with another couple and our children about 8 pm on Halloween. The place had one other couple, otherwise it was empty.

The waiter could not explain what their "Brooklyn" style pizza was. He said it meant "you can have it any way you want" Well, is it thin crust, thick, pan? we asked. "Oh well it's all about the dough, we make it here" Pretty non-sensical responses, and uncomfortable because it was obvious the waiter had no idea what he was talking about.

We ordered- wings and fries for our children, a chicken BBQ pizza for each family, my wife ordered the scallop soup, the other family's kids also ordered BBQ pizza for the dad and kids, and the other mom ordered lobster ravioli.

My wife's soup was fine, the chicken wings were obviously frozen then deep fried, so they were hard and bland. After 10 minutes of asking, we got out order of french fries.

Pizza came--------really---------? The bottom was burned black, and the top was a soupy mess. No flavor at all, just all bland. The chicken on top was all of the same uniform size, about 1/4 by 1/4 inch (canned??) and had no flavor, just rubber. We ate one out of six slices.

While all this was going on, the other family still did not have their pizza. The waiter went in back then came out and said- "you only ordered one pizza". We then had to describe the blow by blow of ordering to him to convince him we had in fact ordered two. Then he smiled and said "oh just kidding, I'll check on it for you" Really bizarre and slightly creepy.

5 minutes later he came out and said the cook dropped the pizza and they had to start over. I think he just forget to put the original order in.

Well, after 50 minutes, still no pizza and we had to leave, and our friends still had not eaten. The waiter offered them free dessert, and our friends said "dessert is not food" we are going home to feed our children.

Our family's bill was $35- for what was essentially one slice of pizza and 4-5 wings, and a bowl of soup. The rest we left as inedible. To top it off, my wife was ill all night from the soup (scallops- risky in a place like this).

Really poor experience. We can only afford to go out maybe once a month, and it is a big deal for us, so we were really bummed. I don't know what happened to this place, but our experience was no where near that of other diners.

• Visited October 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Huge Portions, Cheap Food, Run of the Mill "Fast Food Italian"”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Food was very simple; I could have made a better meal at home. The positive is that you do get gargantuan portions of food delivered free, if you so choose. However, the massive amounts of food are served at average quality making the entire experience unworthy of a follow-up. There are much better Italian joints in CH. Definitely choose Peppers or IP3 over this place.

• Visited September 2012
London
“Good honest pizza and pasta”
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

Excellent pizza. Very friendly and obliging service. Great value. It's not an upscale place, but the food is good, it's a wide menu, and they have easy parking. Decent wine and beer list.