“Awesome Course...Slow Greens”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Course...Slow Greens”
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Beautiful and challenging golf course. Top 5 public courses for the area for sure. The layout is fantastic. Greens are very nice but very slow. If they were to improve the speeds of the greens it would be 4th best for the RTP.

Visited October 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I agree... Nice Course, poor staff”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have been to this course twice, but I also will not be going back. The course is very nice and has many interesting holes. The great e-coupon was very attractive and we really enjoyed the course itself. It was amazing to me how unpleasant and rude the golf shop staff acted during my two encounters with them. The ranger was fine and the bar tender was pleasant, but the golf shop staff needs to get a clue about customer service.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Jill J
Durham, North Carolina, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“NICE Course, POOR Staff”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I've been to this course twice, but I will not be going back.

The course is nice and interesting but both times the staff pretty much ruined the round early. The first time, the lady in the clubhouse was grumpy. Then the marshal was driving around and constantly harassing us to play faster, but we were stuck waiting on the group in front of us. They were waiting on the group in front of them, etc.

On the second visit, I showed up 20 minutes before our tee time and the starter insisted we tee off immediately because the group in front of us didn't show. I tried 3 times to just take a few practice putts so I didn't have to start cold, but he got quite rude about it. We still had a marshal driving around asking us to play faster, but we were maintaining their recommended pace.

My experience with this course is that they pack people in too tight with tee times and make the round not as enjoyable. The staff could probably use some customer service lessons as well.

Sorry, there are plenty of other nice courses in the area.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank John F
Fort Pierce, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great golfing”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

The specials are really good and I always use their e-coupons. It's a very good deal and excellent course for my skill level, just challenging me in all the right ways.

Visited June 2012
Canton, Georgia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A very challenging Davis Love III design”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

High handicap golfers may not like this course the first time they play it. It does have some very challenging holes that can raise your score in a heart beat. Play the course a couple of times with a member to learn course management here. It will grow on you. I play this course multiple times a week.

Visited February 2012